Serious Fishing

bluezulu49

I had a similar experience with Serious Fishing in June. Will not order from them again. This is a pity as they are based in Armagh and can deliver to the Republic without the difficulties we experience in getting items from the rest of the UK.

roadrunner1000

Perhaps they had Covid / staffing issues last year ? Who knows...........

I've bought from them several times and never had a problem. How many forum members have posted negative comments on here versus the size of Serious Fishing's client database ? Tiny percentage probably. The problem is, people generally only post negative comments about companies, rarely positive comments :rolleyes:

Reactions: JRT

baca157

Perhaps they had Covid / staffing issues last year ? Who knows...........

I've bought from them several times and never had a problem. How many forum members have posted negative comments on here versus the size of Serious Fishing's client database ? Tiny percentage probably. The problem is, people generally only post negative comments about companies, rarely positive comments :rolleyes:
This has nothing to do with Covid or staffing issues. They have a deliberate business policy of listing products they don't have as 'in stock'. It's missleading at best and possibly fraudulent. People order things from them in good faith expecting them to have the products which is not the case.

Have a look at Trust Pilot Reviews.

I posted plenty positive comments about companies on this forum.

Cheers,
Sebastian

crazyfool92

This has nothing to do with Covid or staffing issues. They have a deliberate business policy of listing products they don't have as 'in stock'. It's missleading at best and possibly fraudulent. People order things from them in good faith expecting them to have the products which is not the case.

Have a look at Trust Pilot Reviews.

I posted plenty positive comments about companies on this forum.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Exactly this. They don't even have their business listed on Google when you search "Serious Fishing", I'm guessing so that no one can leave negative reviews.

The people that aren't having issues are ordering items that they've in-stock.

roadrunner1000

I have bad experiences with Sportfish every time I use them (I keep giving them a second,third, fourth chance etc. I live in hope) but I don't come on here bleating about it :cry:.

I've ordered items from Sportfish, listed on their website that they don't have in stock...........

baca157

I have bad experiences with Sportfish every time I use them (I keep giving them a second,third, fourth chance etc. I live in hope) but I don't come on here bleating about it :cry:.

I've ordered items from Sportfish, listed on their website that they don't have in stock...........
I think you should be bleating on here about it. All those dishonest businesses should be shamed into good business practices or simply put out of business. There are plenty of online retailers who do not lie to customers and I'd prefer them to get the business. Please don't get me wrong - stock mistakes can happen in any warehouse but deliberately listing items you don't have as 'in stock' is a different matter altogether. Decent businesses don't do that, they simply state item is out of stock or will state that it will take some time as they need to be ordered from the manufacturer (Glasgow Angling Centre does this, for example).

Have I known Serious Fishing were such shisters, I would have never ordered from them in the first place - it would have saved me a lot of bother and one spoiled birthday. I only ordered from them because they said they have something other retailers didn't - it was a deliberate lie from them. My posts will hopefully serve as a warning to others so they don't have to repeat my experiences. I also hope that they will change their practices and start being honest about what they actually have in stock.

Enough said.

Cheers,
Sebastian

JRT

I’ve bought a few items from
Serious and they’ve been fine. Maybe they have supply issues like most other businesses?

roadrunner1000

Serious and they’ve been fine. Maybe they have supply issues like most other businesses?
I believe so . I bought a Lamson Remix three pack back in the summer from Serious Fishing (arrived within 2 days) . They advised that spare spools weren't available at the time (Sportfish/Farlows said the same) . The SF admin team kept me updated with several emails over the last few months and I was able to purchase a spool last week (delivered in 2 days again). Sportfish/Farlows are still showing the spools on backorder/delivery in 10 days.

baca157

It has nothing to do with supply issues JRT. They don't stock a lot of the products they have for sale on their website, and only place an order with the wholesaler once you place an order. There is nothing wrong with this practice as long as you say on your website that this item has to be ordered from the supplier first and it'll take 1-2 weeks before it arrives. Glasgow Angling Centre does that and it's absolutely fine because you know that it may take a while.

What Serious Fishing does is display on their website that the product is in stock - it is not. They don't have it. It is a deliberate lie aimed at generating more sales from unsuspecting customers.

If they had supply issues, they would simply mark products as 'out of stock' - that's what honest businesses do.

Cheers,
Sebastian

anzac

I'll be honest. I've used the twice for little things. I was completely disappointed on on occasion and actually received what I ordered the other time.

Now, I get their email adverts and delete them without ever opening them.

Latest posts