Seven Oaks Fishery, Vale of Glamorgan

dangerousdai

fished it today, landed 7 lost 4, all with a red buzzer under a dry fly.About ten people fishing, most of them struggled to catch.Water is starting to clear but the muck on the banks will be washed into the lake after a drop of rain.Can't fault the size and condition of the fish - crackers!

taff555

Fished here a week ago for a few hours.
It fished hard to say the least, I get the impression that since reopening on the 1st so many fish have been caught and returned the fish that are in the lake are no easy to catch, combined with the lack of space for peace with 6/7 anglers presure the lake feels empty.
I'm sure if a fresh introduction of fish was done regular this would provide better sport also stirring up the existing stock.

welshwales

Had a few hours here today. Took a while to get a pattern they would take. Size 14 gold head bloodworm.

Had one fish but bangs every cast. Nightmare trying to hook up these fish as were so touchy it was unbelievable. I guess that's what c and r does to them.

gilfishman

Anyone fished here this week?,...is it still like a mud bath and has all the rain made it worse?...and is the water coloured,may have a few hours Monday as working 1 mile up the road and may have a early finish,.:thumbs:weather permitting,..:mad:

bstrdmissed

Anyone fished here this week?,...is it still like a mud bath and has all the rain made it worse?...and is the water coloured,may have a few hours Monday as working 1 mile up the road and may have a early finish,.:thumbs:weather permitting,..:mad:

I went there for a few hours last Sunday,caught one,lost two.
The fishings hard there,10 people fishing,3 fish caught.
There's basically 250 fish swimming around in there scared to take a fly because they've been caught & released.
On the up side the water clarity is a lot better despite all the rain.

gilfishman

Had a good 4 hrs there today,9/10 fish in the nett,10 lbs ,7 lbs and the usual 2/4 lbs range.water a bit murky but better than I thought given it's been raining so much.plenty of fish topping late afternoon,had on on a suspended buzzer off the top, small tungsten red bead tadpole,very slow fig 8 and size 14 mirage buzzer ( black ) was deadly when the sun came out,had the 10 lbs and 7 lbs on buzzer...all floating line work.had the place to myself.been only 3 ( brave ) anglers there in the last 5 days...due to wind/ rain.

bstrdmissed

Had a good 4 hrs there today,9/10 fish in the nett,10 lbs ,7 lbs and the usual 2/4 lbs range.water a bit murky but better than I thought given it's been raining so much.plenty of fish topping late afternoon,had on on a suspended buzzer off the top, small tungsten red bead tadpole,very slow fig 8 and size 14 mirage buzzer ( black ) was deadly when the sun came out,had the 10 lbs and 7 lbs on buzzer...all floating line work.had the place to myself.been only 3 ( brave ) anglers there in the last 5 days...due to wind/ rain.

Belting day,James did say he'd have to put some fresh stock in,fair play.:thumbs:

chris10

How is the place fishing at the moment guys thinking about going down Monday?

burhan

does anyone know if there's still plenty of carp in the trout lake? had a lot of fun targeting them last couple of years. cheers.

burhan

Latest posts