Shakespeare

coogie

Thinking of getting a Shakespeare Sigma Supra Fly Rod any reviews .what's your thoughts folks..

noel

Perfectly good rods if you can stretch to the Agility rod you will never feel the need to change it . Do a search for Agility rods and read our reviews .

coogie

Perfectly good rods if you can stretch to the Agility rod you will never feel the need to change it . Do a search for Agility rods and read our reviews .
Cheers will do .thanks

speytime

I'm a shakespeare fan I like a lot of there rods excellent value for money, I'm with Noel if you could stretch to the agility it's a good rod and its a good bit lighter than the supra.
I'm annoyed to say the agility is lighter than rods costing many times more.

Al

goldenolive

I have 3 of the sigma supra 9ft6 7wt fly rods for bank fishing in the winter.
For the money , there is Nothing that will touch the sigma supra!
Shakespeare have used a brilliant blank.
The only downsides mates and myself have found is the quality of the Cork handles, they don't last.
I buy the complete Cork handles from China on ebay and fit them to the rods using araldite epoxy.
Works well.
I also have the 9ft 5wt which is a very good all round rod.
Great value for money.

Hardrar

Cheers will do .thanks
The “Rise” are softer and lighter than the Sigma Supra, Both are Fantastic for the money - way better than most sub £200 rods and non flash Matt finish! I have both as well as some rods close to £1000 and I think they hold their own even against pricey rods.
Cork quality can vary, but mine is acceptable. What I did with all mine, was boiled off the reel seats and fitted some of Micjs excellent light weight ones(Bloke) saved 25g on the Sigma -nearly an ounce! And 20g on the Rise, plus they look and function much better.
The Supra 8’-6” #5 is an absolute canon, can cast a full line with ease and yet roll casts and plays fish with ease.