Shakey Agility Rise 2, 8ft 4wt, £30 Delivered

delray

For sale with Fishing Republic (I've never dealt with them so no idea on reliability).
Has to be a great back up rod at this price, or is this about average. Anyway, just in case.....
Del

Edit, Wychwood Truefly T2's at £65 delivered

GEK79

Didn’t buy the rod but picked up a tacky big bug box for less than half price delivered. Thanks 👍
Are they good boxes I saw the price and thought that was good for tacky. Can you use for lough flies. Or just big bugs..

sculpin_crusader

Are they good boxes I saw the price and thought that was good for tacky. Can you use for lough flies. Or just big bugs..
It’ll my first proper tacky box, I’ve got their tacky dock which I like. I plan to fill it with trout sized streamers and such, no idea if it’d be any good for lough flies

delray

I'm a bit quick out of the blocks here but as it was me who brought FishingRepublic up, it should be me who highlights a problem.

I bought a rod from them and it arrived today. 1) The tube is scuffed; no major deal. 2) The sock looks like I've been wearing it for 3 years without washing; again. no major deal. 3) There is staining to the cork under the cellophane; I've seen this before when I was trying out a rod, laid it down on wet ground while trying another, and water got underneath; not so good. 4) One of the line guide rings has been walloped or twisted and is way out of line and out of shape. This one is why the rod's going back.

As I mention, it should all be OK in the end but why send out a damaged, possibly used, certainly not brand new, perfect item? I'll keep you posted.

Cheers all.

edit; shame, as it appears to be a nice rod.

GEK79

I'm a bit quick out of the blocks here but as it was me who brought FishingRepublic up, it should be me who highlights a problem.

I bought a rod from them and it arrived today. 1) The tube is scuffed; no major deal. 2) The sock looks like I've been wearing it for 3 years without washing; again. no major deal. 3) There is staining to the cork under the cellophane; I've seen this before when I was trying out a rod, laid it down on wet ground while trying another, and water got underneath; not so good. 4) One of the line guide rings has been walloped or twisted and is way out of line and out of shape. This one is why the rod's going back.

As I mention, it should all be OK in the end but why send out a damaged, possibly used, certainly not brand new, perfect item? I'll keep you posted.

Cheers all.

edit; shame, as it appears to be a nice rod.
Thanks for the honest review.. Are you changing for a new rod or refund.. Thanks..

skajtrout

They’re also doing a Shakey Sigma Supra 8’ 6” 5wt for £21.59. Now that is a deal.

Skaj

skajtrout

And a Shakey Agility 2 9’ 6” 6wt for £37.79, £40.49 for the 10ft 6wt. Can’t be bad.

Skaj

Mrtrout

I’ve dealt with FR before no problems, and free postage over £9 is good.
The rod I got arrived today in perfect condition, so don’t beat yourself up Del, hope your problem gets sorted.
S.

delray

After my earlier comments on Fishing Republic, I have to say they are dealing with the return very well. They sent out a returns label with UPS within 5 days of my contact with customer support and the rod is on it's way back. I have no reason to think they'll be difficult with the refund.
Cheers all, Del

GEK79

After my earlier comments on Fishing Republic, I have to say they are dealing with the return very well. They sent out a returns label with UPS within 5 days of my contact with customer support and the rod is on it's way back. I have no reason to think they'll be difficult with the refund.
Cheers all, Del
Thanks for the update...