Shooting head line

gerdy

Was looking a bit of advice on shooting head line what is good value for mone I bought a bloke 15 foot 10/11 weight rod from a friend of my father and would like to know if any 1 on the forum uses a bloke rod with a shooting head and what they would recomend

roders

I've never used that rod, but the cheapest, coated, good running line is airflo polyfuse salmon / saltwater from tacklebargains in 30lb breaking strain. You have to sort your own loops but its good and cheap.
For distance, go for amnesia 40lb but its not nice.

Rod

charlieH

I think there have been several Bloke 15' 10/11s over the years, so you might like to check which particular model you have.

I have the XL50 5 piece, and if using shooting heads I generally use Guideline DCs in 10/11, which weigh 41 grams. I've also used Rio AFS 9/10s which are a bit lighter at 38g but also seem to work fine.

dazzabell

I would fish a guideline Ready to Go Power Taper if you can get one second hand or the new Guideline Power Taper Scandi in 10/11 weight. These heads come pre looped and are 42 grams which should suit your rod. For running line buy the Airflo ridge running line in 30lb floating which comes pre looped and is excellent. Make sure it is the orange one and not the grey one which is much thicker and does'nt shoot as well. Put "managing running line" into Google and check out the tips on handling running line.
Cheers
Darren