Shotgun/firearm certificates.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Under current circumstances, anyone due for a renewal?
Not till December, but I have thought about the situation.
No longer in a syndicate, no longer out on farmlands doing in the vermin, will the licensing authorities then question the need for weapons?
We could soon be in the realms of defending our right to possess weapons.
Heavon forbrid, but it might happen.
Regards
Bert

ohanzee

I did a life drawing class today..from my livingroom, digital communication knows no bounds.

ohanzee

Que?
used to be I did renewal by post. Dont think social media will wash when it comes to guns.
regards
Bert
Up until this last couple of weeks I thought a lot of things were not possible, working from home has been a bit of an eye opener, we always had the facilities but we have had to overcome a lot of new problems, when you don't have a choice its surprising what you can do.

Which parts need to be face to face?

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Up until this last couple of weeks I thought a lot of things were not possible, working from home has been a bit of an eye opener, we always had the facilities but we have had to overcome a lot of new problems, when you don't have a choice its surprising what you can do.

Which parts need to be face to face?
Ask the firearms division.
Not me.
regards
Bert

taffy1

Thats pretty normal, you get the renewal notification up to 12 weeks prior to expiry date of original certificate.
Is meant to help the authorities to do the necessary in renewal.
regards
Bert
Yes, same down here but it's not always a priority to be processed, legally, you are in posession of a firearm that isn't legally registered if the paperwork isn't distributed by your certificate expires. Not been done yet but.....suspicious!

ejw

Mine is due in June. Already got rid of guns, will not be renewing ! I did ask 3 years ago - If I do not fill in the required forms I will be prosecuted for NOT renewing ! Weird or what.
As June is not far away I suppose I need to ring them.
Eddie

PaulD

Mine is due for renewal at the beginning of May. I was originally sent the link to the renewal forms to download and complete and hold on to, until the Firearms guy came around to inspect my gun cabinet . . . again. This was then changed to I should post the forms, passport photo and payment back to them. Yesterday I had a phone call to say that the renewal was now online, I should make an online payment and upload a photo of myself from my phone.

glueman

I had a great idea, to help them out in case they become short staffed i would send of to renew a licence due September. 2 days ago i got it back with a note saying apply again in 3 months. So much for trying to help them out

glueman

Mike,

It is the thought that counts so they say but not with firearms licensing.

Staffordshire Police has suspended applications for the grant of firearm and shotgun certificates.

Applicants are being contacted and asked whether they want their application held on file or if they would prefer an immediate refund, re-applying at a later date.

The firearms licensing unit is prioritising work relating to the renewal of existing certificates. All applications will be dealt with using a risk assessed postal renewal system. Those requiring additional enquiries will be subject to telephone interview.

Applications for variation of firearm certificates will be processed, again utilising telephone interviews where necessary.

Under s131 Policing and Crime Act 2017, if you submit your application at least 8 weeks before expiry, then will extend your certificate for a further 8 weeks beyond expiry. So do not return your original certs only send photocopies.

They should send a letter out explaining s131 otherwise how would you or anyone else know it has been extended.

From BASC

BlueFrog

Under current circumstances, anyone due for a renewal?
On with mine now, just sent it away a few days ago.

Phoned the FEO about it, looking like no home visits, automactic temp permit issued if renewal lapses.

No grants/variations/no counter service atm,
contact via web/email/payment by debit/credit card, and no time scale, hence the temp cert.

The FEO had visited mine a few years ago on the renewal of my S/C cert, I'm going coterm now so he reckons it'll be phone call at the time, due Sept.

Mrtrout

Not till December, but I have thought about the situation.
No longer in a syndicate, no longer out on farmlands doing in the vermin, will the licensing authorities then question the need for weapons?
We could soon be in the realms of defending our right to possess weapons.
Heavon forbrid, but it might happen.
Regards
Bert
They might just give six months grace like the MOT Bert. .:unsure:
S.

7x57

My certificates run out today. Had all forms filled in and authority form for right's to shoot with firearms, completed and sent in by the end of February.

Had a home visit set up with FEO to check cabinet and serial numbers on the 17th March. He called me to say could we do it over the phone because of the current situation, no probs. He informed me no new variations or applications would be processed, due to clearing backlog of renewals.

He said I would be covered by an automatic temporary licence if I hadn't received my certificates by the 6th of April.

Not received anything yet!!