Shotgun/firearm certificates.

sawyer

My renewal was due in Sept with North Wales (SGC & FAC), I had the forms in July but couldn`t get anyone provide the pictures (all the photo booths were closed off), & my Doctor took 4 months to fill the forms in. I kept the FEO appraised all along & in all fairness they were fantastic, I have been given a temp cert twice now & if needs be another will be provided. I think the key thing is to communicate with your officer, let them know what is happening & where you are up to.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
My renewal was due in Sept with North Wales (SGC & FAC), I had the forms in July but couldn`t get anyone provide the pictures (all the photo booths were closed off), & my Doctor took 4 months to fill the forms in. I kept the FEO appraised all along & in all fairness they were fantastic, I have been given a temp cert twice now & if needs be another will be provided. I think the key thing is to communicate with your officer, let them know what is happening & where you are up to.
Well summation of my situation, got pictures, paid for medical letter, and having my medical files flagged, took my health centre 3 weeks to provide info to police.
No home visit due to covid, but had to supply photos of my weapons clearly showing weapon and serial number. That took several attempts, and submissions, was followed up by a phone call from police asking all sorts of relevant questions about security, house hold, and those that lived here, plus the odd irrelevant question regarding my health.
I now await outcome.
Thanfully my certificates dont expire till mid January, so should be time to solve any hiccups.

Bert