Signature/Rod details

b13rux

I'm interested if anyone signs their rod, and if so the process they use?

I've got a bit of practice blank so will have a go to see what happens with the various India ink pens I've got, they work well for trim wraps where you colour the thread, but signatures still seem to rub off easily, so i am interested how epoxy interacts, and how you apply it without taking off the writing.

I wondered if anyone else does this though, and if so the process you use?

Thanks,

Ben

Lewis Chessman

I got a new white paint pen to try only today, Ben. An Edding 792.
It has a fine point but, being 'pump action', the ink delivery can be patchy on the blank. I'll try it on transparent decal paper at some point.

1-P1030869.JPG

1-P1030870.JPG

You can see the uneven distribution on the second shot.
Having said that, it does write better and smaller than my other paint pens like the Pentel fine point - and my handwriting is horrid anyway.

It can be removed with IPA if you want to re-do and may well be waterproof, put probably best to epoxy over once happy.

speytime

I got a new white paint pen to try only today, Ben. An Edding 792.
It has a fine point but, being 'pump action', the ink delivery can be patchy on the blank. I'll try it on transparent decal paper at some point.

View attachment 34822

View attachment 34823

You can see the uneven distribution on the second shot.
Having said that, it does write better and smaller than my other paint pens like the Pentel fine point - and my handwriting is horrid anyway.

It can be removed with IPA if you want to re-do and may well be waterproof, put probably best to epoxy over once happy.
Just a few days ago I seen a post regarding decals, iirc you can get your name/whatever in a variety of fonts put on a water transfer.

Al

b13rux

Many thanks for the responses, I'm not sure about the vinyl stickers although hadn't considered it so will do some more research, water transfer sounds like an interesting option as well,

many thanks