Silk lines and euro nymphing

Spider

Finally made significant progress yesterday. For a while I've been looking for a way to físh dries and alternate to nymphs without changing line and without re-rigging to put in an indicator. Yesterday it came together nicely.

First pool I arrived at is fairly fast flowing and roughish, knee deep or a bit deeper. I usually fish a buoyant dry like a cdc and elk. For the first time I tied on a nymph, and marked my line with that wax that looks like lipstick. Instant success. Without saying it was stylistically perfect, I managed to keep a good bit of line off the water. I fish 2wt silk, 10f rod.and this combo has always been great for me on dried. Next pool, similar, bit smoother. Stuck with the FN. Instant success.

Then, back to dries. Wipe off the lipstick :). I have a sighter inbuilt, because I fish a cdc dry that kind of sinks and can catch as a nymph. I catch an awful lot of fish on dries, so I don't think the two tone sighter is off putting.

Back to nymphs next pool, scored. Then a size 21 f fly on the next flat bit.

Ended up getting to a final pool and taking some lovely fish to 1lb, on the 2.5mm nymph with the marker on the line.

The silk line stood up to acting in part as a French leader, with a long leader attached.

Not perfect, but to be able to físh two techniques without any faffing around was very rewarding.

Spider

Complicated? I tie on a dry or nymph too, but add a bit of crayon to the line. Seems pretty straightforward to me.
lcated

pedros

Sounds good. Howard Crosten published a Youtube vid a few days ago suggesting something similar

Spider

Cheers Pedro's, that's pretty close to where I'm at. 2 keys for me

1. Sílk can fish similarly to a proper French leader
2. The coloured painted on ( easily removed) is a game changer for speed efficiency and convenience