Silver jungle cock 12

whitehorses

IMG_20210801_191102.jpg

mr_eejit

I notice you wrap the rib in the same direction as the tinsel doobrysnatcher, when I tie in silver bodies, I always wrap the rib in the opposite direction I wrap the tinsel, I think it holds the tinsel better.

whitehorses

I notice you wrap the rib in the same direction as the tinsel doobrysnatcher, when I tie in silver bodies, I always wrap the rib in the opposite direction I wrap the tinsel, I think it holds the tinsel better.
good spotting willie ill take it on board ,out of curiosity where do you usually tie in yor silver body ?at the bend or the eye end ,,i usually tie in at the eye end and wind down and back up again thus creating a criss cross effect with the second layer

Last edited:

mr_eejit

good spotting willie ill take it on board ,out of curiosity where do you usually tie in yor silver body ?at the bend or the eye end ,,i usually tie in at the eye end and wind down and back up again thus creating a criss cross effect with the second layer
I tie mine in at the bend all the time and overlap it as I tie towards the eye as I think it keeps the bulk down

whitehorses

I tie mine in at the bend all the time and overlap it as I tie towards the eye as I think it keeps the bulk down
i always start at the shoulder of the hook and wind down to the bend with overlapping turns and back again ,i find it doesent add to much bulk and gives a far more uniform body ,
your way is more greener and uses less material

mr_eejit

i always start at the shoulder of the hook and wind down to the bend with overlapping turns and back again ,i find it doesent add to much bulk and gives a far more uniform body ,
your way is more greener and uses less material
Aye tinsel is flat anyway so won't give to much bulk, maybe its just me thinking materials cost enough so I use as little as I possibly can 😁

Latest posts