Skb cassette mk 2 question

Whitehackle

Is the cassette on the skb mk2 reel interchangeable with any other cassette reel?

I am desperately after another skb reel, but they are out of stock and they do not know when they will be in stock

If I can find a reel with the same cassette then I can swap lines between 2 rods

Thanks

treecutter

I'm not 100% sure but I believe they are ordered from the Far East, Have a look at the Maxcatch cassette reels, you may find a similar one

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Whitehackle

Iv just been looking, the maxcatch cassette reel is different, but the cassette itself looks similar. I wonder if they are the same cassette? Has anyone got a maxcatch cassette that wouldn't mind giving me some measurements and more pictures???
Thanks

noel

I asked Gac about the original Skb cassette reel and they claimed they knew nothing about them . One of my friends on here in the Lancsy lads had bought both the Skb and the Stillwater.

noel

Have you tried a phone call to Ladybower and asked there if they can help Rich is there most days .

Whitehackle

I have messaged Richard, and he is helpful as ever, but he doesn't know when the reels will be back in stock. And I dont really want to ask him about another reel to fit their cassettes.

Scotty90

The mk1 skb cassette reels and cassettes are exactly the same as one that GAC had branded as Stillwater, when skb stopped selling the mk1 reel I was in the hunt for more spools, I ended up buying loads of them from GAC, I don’t know if the mk2 cassette will have a similar reel branded as Stillwater but the mk1 definitely did. I don’t think the Stillwater reel I’m talking about is available now either.

Waltyluft

I also thought the Snowbee cassettes (and reel) look very similar. I doubt either party would say if they were identical or not.
So...... I've taken pics and measurements of a Snowbee cassette for you to compare against your SKB.
The measurements are:
A. Spool internal diameter = 3.9 cm
B. Spool external diameter = 7.9 cm
C. Spool width = 3 cm
D. width of narrowest internal part of spool (it is chamfered) = 2 cm

I hope this is understandable and helps.

1v2.jpg
2v2.jpg
3v2.jpg

Whitehackle

I also thought the Snowbee cassettes (and reel) look very similar. I doubt either party would say if they were identical or not.
So...... I've taken pics and measurements of a Snowbee cassette for you to compare against your SKB.
The measurements are:
A. Spool internal diameter = 3.9 cm
B. Spool external diameter = 7.9 cm
C. Spool width = 3 cm
D. width of narrowest internal part of spool (it is chamfered) = 2 cm

I hope this is understandable and helps.

Yes this does help alot! Looks like the same cassette, and the measuremènts are prefect!

Could you tell me exactly what snowbee reel it is and line rating if there is one.

Thanks

Latest posts