Slaithwaite and District Open River Fly Competition

MickeyP Coolstreams

Hi Folks

The club will be holding it's annual flyfishing competition on the River Colne on Sunday September 29. The main purpose of this competition is to monitor stocks of grayling and trout in the river with all fish returned. It's also a great opportunity for non club members to fish this fantastic bit of water and help the club out.

There is a entry fee of £10 which is divided between the club and The Calder and Colne Rivers Trust.

It would be great if anyone who would like to take part contact me at mpogson036@gmail.com and I'll give you further details.

I will be capping the competition at 12 competitors with 6 anglers fishing above Slaithwaite and 6 Fishing below in the morning then switching over in the afternoon.

Cheers

Mick

Last edited:

Theo

Trade Member
Mick, hope this goes very well... if you like, take some photos, send me the comp results, and I'll post a progress report on the Colne's recovery on Urbantrout.net?

Theo

MickeyP Coolstreams

Hi Theo,

No problem I'll give you a brief review of how the day went and try and get a few pics.

I'll definitely copy you into the results.

Cheers

Mick Pogson

MickeyP Coolstreams

Hi Folks,

A big thank you to all those who took part in Sunday's Competition. We had 12 anglers take part who managed to catch between them over the day 272 trout and 23 Grayling.

The competition winner was Robert Brown, and the best placed club Member was Sheena Goode who took home the Walter Moorhouse Trophy.

The biggest fish prize went to Ben Tunnaclife with a 55cm monster brown trout!

We managed to raise £60 for the Colne and Calder Rivers Trust and everyone managed to catch! So well done to everyone taking part.

For results and some more pics please check out the link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oj7ywl0z6tbvhyf/GlGSK5Z77-

Cheers

Mick

MickeyP Coolstreams

Yup an absolute beauty, I'm really glad i was around to watch him land it and get a few pics.

Many thanks for the write up on your site.

Please let me know if you are up this way and I may be able to show you some streams you've not fished before.

Cheers

Mick