Slovenia Fly Fishing Trip - May 2018 blog post

kitka

Great adventure report:thumbs:

belive the lics are not cheap as Crostia
That is actually true. Kind of forgot to mention this in the article. I think the prices per day were something like this:

Idrijca trophy: 90€
Idrijca B: 60€
Sava Bohinjka: 45 - 59€
Unica: 99€
Upper Soca & Lepena: 59€

Licenses are definitely the most expensive part if you stay there for longer time.

benisa

I think Slovenia is a great place to go
Just I normally go that way for 10 day Croatia + Bosnia and it can work out a bit cheaper

as 10 days Slovenia you are looking near £1000 just for the lics

maybe do 7 days later in the year : September,understand it good and much quieter than

kitka

Yeah, that's a lot for license costs, but in my country (Finland) they are in some places even more expensive, so I am kinda used to that. I think beginning of May is good as well for Slovenia, and not very crowded. I was there once in the end of June, and it was full of tourists. Rafters, swimmers, sunbathers, hikers, cyclists and of course fishermen everywhere.

Would like to check Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro as well, never been there and heard it's good, cheap and not crowded.

benisa

Yeah, that's a lot for license costs, but in my country (Finland) they are in some places even more expensive, so I am kinda used to that. I think beginning of May is good as well for Slovenia, and not very crowded. I was there once in the end of June, and it was full of tourists. Rafters, swimmers, sunbathers, hikers, cyclists and of course fishermen everywhere.

Would like to check Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro as well, never been there and heard it's good, cheap and not crowded.
Fishing Croatia on the Kupa is 25/30 euros, if you fish the park at the head of the Kupa where there are some big grayling 40 + cm then its 50 euros
but this is a special place to go