Slovenia - Soca 2017

Lucian

Trade Member
Dear friends,

I wrote a short report about my first fishing trip on this year in Slovenia.
April 2017 Slovenia Soca River - Fly Tying
For those interested: fishing licences are from 60eur/day on Soca and tributary like Indijca and Lepena.
Usually this part of Slovenia is the most expensive when we talk about licences.
Fish: mainly big rainbow trout, very rare brown trout in upper part of Indijca. Marble trout and grayling.
A lot of fish are stocked , in 3 days I never had a fish under 30cm and for an ecosystem I consider this strange...
Place to sleep - just browse Booking and you will find apartments from 20eur/night /person. Nice, clean and enjoyable.
My advice:
-avoid weekends
-fish carefully with micro nymphs and you will have nice fish
-early in the morning and late in evenings just use big streamers - for big fish
-dry fly fishing is productive if is cloudy outside
-fish tributary rivers, will make your days :)

cheers,
Lucian

kevind62

Trust Member
Greetings! Is this public access or private guided access only? I will be in Italy in early April for two weeks. I was considering a trip to Slovenia for a couple of days if I have time. I will be in Florence for a few days then Venice. Starting and finishing our trip in Rome.

Cheers! Kevin

Last edited:

blithfield2

Thanks Lucian, great report & photographs together with details of your tyings.

kevind62

Trust Member
By the way Lucian, ditto to blithfield2 on the fly tying! I've copied your links and shared with members of the US sister forum (theflyfishingforum.com). Beautiful ties!

Lucian

Trade Member
Hi Kevin,
You can go there when you like. There are several hotels where you can buy fishing licences . You can ask also at Gas stations where you can buy licences and they will help with plenty of info. You can hire also a guide if you like, I know a few so if you need help just drop me a message