Slow Sinking

GEK79

Planning ahead as we all do.. For next season I'm looking tk buy a slow sinking 6wg line.. I've seen the wychwood hoverer which sinks at 0.75 ips.. But can't find anything slower sinking.. Has anyone used the hoverer.? Anyone have one they may sell or any recommendations for a slow sinking line please..
Gary

GEK79

Airflow slow glass sinks at 0.5

They do slow, mid and fast, which sink at 0.5, 1 and 1.5 inches per second.

Pains me to say it (after the crap early floaters they made) but they are good lines, you feel every touch.

Best regards
Jim
Thank you I'll have a look..

original cormorant

If you're not in a hurry it's worth keeping an eye on the MDI website. You need to learn how to interpret the descriptions. In my experience "british made millends " are perfect airflo lines with the welded loops cut off. You can compare these with the airflo catalogue descriptions. I have 3 or 4 of these that I picked up for about £15 each.

They also have perfect airflo lines at reasonable prices, and their own brand (which I believe are made by Northern Sports) as well as Northern sports branded lines.

Also if you're not in a hurry ask for advice on the max/matchcatch thread

PaulD

The Airflo Slow Glass is an excellent line and one, particularly if you're a bank fisher, has benefits over a midge tip if you're fishing with a side wind where the main body of the line will be less affected by the wind during the retrieve

GEK79

If you're not in a hurry it's worth keeping an eye on the MDI website. You need to learn how to interpret the descriptions. In my experience "british made millends " are perfect airflo lines with the welded loops cut off. You can compare these with the airflo catalogue descriptions. I have 3 or 4 of these that I picked up for about £15 each.

They also have perfect airflo lines at reasonable prices, and their own brand (which I believe are made by Northern Sports) as well as Northern sports branded lines.

Also if you're not in a hurry ask for advice on the max/matchcatch thread
Many thanks can I ask what is the MDI site please..

ejw

Just tried out the Maxcatch clear slow sinker - Nice line, but as Jim says, does initially float. After 1/2 an hour it did sink very slowly and kept the fly in the top 3' of water. For £10 delivered, well worth it, arrived in 2 weeks from ordering.

GEK79

The Airflo Slow Glass is an excellent line and one, particularly if you're a bank fisher, has benefits over a midge tip if you're fishing with a side wind where the main body of the line will be less affected by the wind during the retrieve
I must have a look for a glass line thank you sir.

GEK79

Just tried out the Maxcatch clear slow sinker - Nice line, but as Jim says, does initially float. After 1/2 an hour it did sink very slowly and kept the fly in the top 3' of water. For £10 delivered, well worth it, arrived in 2 weeks from ordering.
That could be worth a try.. 10 delivered. Thank you

goldenolive

The line I have and use regularly for top of the water fishing which is the bulk of my fishing is the Airflo 40+ slow glass.
superb for a little more distance off the banks of stillwaters when the fish move out from angling pressure.
It's very slow sinking, nice on a breezy day as it stops the line getting blown around and dragging the flies too fast.
only downside in comparison to the 40+ slow glass is the orange running line can tangle more easily than than the standard slow glass line.
I like it for washing line, slow pulling lures and nymphing.
I use that allot when the fish are in the top 3-4 foot, keeps my flies in the kill box for longer.

GEK79

The line I have and use regularly for top of the water fishing which is the bulk of my fishing is the Airflo 40+ slow glass.
superb for a little more distance off the banks of stillwaters when the fish move out from angling pressure.
It's very slow sinking, nice on a breezy day as it stops the line getting blown around and dragging the flies too fast.
only downside in comparison to the 40+ slow glass is the orange running line can tangle more easily than than the standard slow glass line.
I like it for washing line, slow pulling lures and nymphing.
I use that allot when the fish are in the top 3-4 foot, keeps my flies in the kill box for longer.
Many thanks I'm looking at ordering one now seems exactly what I'm after.. Thabk you all..