Small fly box for dry flies

icaughtafishonce

Anyone got any suggestions for a small fly box which is fairly deep so won't crush my big dry flies. For reference I've got a tacky day box, which is 12.5cms x 7.5cms x 2cms. It's a great size, just not deep enough to take larger flies. I basically want something small I can drop in my back pocket for an evening on the river

Mrtrout

You won’t get better than this for dries.
S.

benisa

look well used boxes, just have to watch the spring latch,s on the see through find you can very easily get them twisted
but still great aged and well made box (y)

benisa

You won’t get better than this for dries.
S.
S
have you got these. is the gap between the green stuff and the lid short or will it take a mayfly etc without crushing the wings etc

also does it float

speytime

look well used boxes, just have to watch the spring latch,s on the see through find you can very easily get them twisted
but still great aged and well made box (y)
Yes it has been well used but loved, I've just checked all the latches and windows the latches are all nice and straight and all the windows pop open.
A fine example 😊

Al

benisa

Yes it has been well used but loved, I've just checked all the latches and windows the latches are all nice and straight and all the windows pop open.
A fine example 😊

Al
i have few and i treasure them, do not use much due to would not like to lose them when standing in the wet stuff

Mrtrout

Well better float as I have just brought one on your head if it does not !
it does Dave, waterproof seals, nice deep compartments and silicone inserts, good positive lock, you won’t be disappointed, if you are I’ll take it off you.
S.

benisa

well after your link looked them up and they had 6 up for grabs : now all gone
are you a selling agent for them ????????
brought mine

PaulD

I've grown increasingly fond of these. They'small and light, don't rust and you can either stick them in your pocket or around your neck with the lanyard.

icaughtafishonce

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd looked at the Richard Wheatley boxes, but they're not cheap at all. But they do tick the boxes I think. Maybe something for my birthday.

benisa

No, I just bought one a few months ago and was impressed.
S.
S
what was the LINK we got the copys of Wheatley boxes from they were in blue that could help a few on here that want that sort of box as it had all the same goodies inside

Latest posts