So long, farewell ...legend.

GEK79

Sad to hear about the passing of a great rugby legend, JJ Williams, Welsh Legend. RIP will be sadly missed. Condolences to all family & friends,
Wales and Rugby have lost a great man today. RIP JJ.. thoughts to his family..

Jason 70

JJ was a little before my time, but I'm aware of his pedigree for both Wales and the Lione. When I was in my 30s and 40s I did love a Lion's tour. Everyone in the local around 10.00 am waiting for kick off. And then falling out the door late on a Saturday afternoon. I've a little more common sense now, just a little bit mind.

shortcircuit

Way before my time but looking at matches and reports from that time, Wales were blessed with the likes of JJ and JPR Williams and Gareth Edwards

shortcircuit

Gareth Edwards.. The Welsh team of that era where amazing.

I saw a documentary about Gareth Edwards he was unreal, one of the greatest scrum halves of all time. Some man for the diving pass (a thing that seems to have died out)

sewinbasher

I saw a documentary about Gareth Edwards he was unreal, one of the greatest scrum halves of all time. Some man for the diving pass (a thing that seems to have died out)
He could reverse pass further than many could pass conventionally! Also, other great members of that team were Barry John, Phil Bennett and Gerald Davies.

I believe that I'm right in saying that around that time that the whole Welsh XV and a couple of reserves were selected for the Lions tour, including all four half backs!

delray

He could reverse pass further than many could pass conventionally! Also, other great members of that team were Barry John, Phil Bennett and Gerald Davies.

I believe that I'm right in saying that around that time that the whole Welsh XV and a couple of reserves were selected for the Lions tour, including all four half backs!

Unbelievable group of players who appeared on the scene around the same time not forgetting the nasty big ba...rds up front. JJ was sensationally quick, and so difficult to play against on the hard grounds of South Africa in '74 (?), Very sad to hear he's left us.
I do wonder what sort of pass Edwards would have demonstrated with the lighter more grippy balls that are used now.....
Del