Socially-distanced boat fishing?

Cap'n Fishy

If you can maintain your 2mtrs on the boat shouldn't it be up to the individuals, that's what the law requires and maintaining 2mtr on a boat shouldn't be a difficult task for a couple of sensible people?
But then you have a lot of waters that are enforcing a strict 'one man to a boat' policy...

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
If you can maintain your 2mtrs on the boat shouldn't it be up to the individuals, that's what the law requires and maintaining 2mtr on a boat shouldn't be a difficult task for a couple of sensible people?
In theory seems possible if boat is big enough, but chuck in the thought of both anglers using boat seats, and drogues, then it becomes a bit difficult!
regards
Bert

splinters

My boat is nineteen feet. We measured the distance between us on the first day out and given the driver sitting a little forward of the engine and the passenger sitting back from the cuddy, we were a little over ten feet apart. I wouldn't be happy in a smaller boat. We also ch brought his own net to avoid sharing.

S.

speytime

Yes I'm surprised at that tbh, maybe there's something in what Berts saying?

@Bert you could come to some agreement on who does what, make sure you gel your hands if you do share anything?
I fish on my own most of the time, maybe I'm overlooking a few difficulties that could arise?
But then you have a lot of waters that are enforcing a strict 'one man to a boat' policy...

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Yes I'm surprised at that tbh, maybe there's something in what Berts saying?

@Bert you could come to some agreement on who does what, make sure you gel your hands if you do share anything?
I fish on my own most of the time, maybe I'm overlooking a few difficulties that could arise?
In reality, I would not be getting in the boat with A.N.Other if I thought it was not safe, but if the 2 metres is to be enforced, then it does become difficult.
regards
Bert
p.s.
The @Bert address aint me!

Paul_B

We have a strict 15 meter apart rule for bank fishing and extra bailiffs to make sure (no boats or tubes), today is the first day we've been allowed to fish since last years close season.

fruinfisher

I think I’d be a bit wary about fishing two up just now . The 2m rule doesn’t make you safe. It’s all a degree of risk . And don’t forget, your sharing the boat for the whole day, not 15 mins !

Bongoch

What happens if you're boat partner falls in? Difficult to help them and maintain social distancing.

Cap'n Fishy

What happens if you're boat partner falls in? Difficult to help them and maintain social distancing.
Need to carry a life belt in the boat... with at least 2 m of rope attached to it. Throw it to him and then tow him to shore. (y)

arkle

Here's the latest boat fishing video from Bristol Waters, that you have to sign to say you've seen before they let you have the keys.

Cap'n Fishy

Here's the latest boat fishing video from Bristol Waters, that you have to sign to say you've seen before they let you have the keys.
For sure, your boat partner should be wearing a life jacket to start with... in which case, if he falls in, all you need is the 2 m rope. 😜

Nikki888

Hello!
I am happy that I can read that safety is really the first. In this severe situation, the only thing sustainable is disinfecting and limit the boat capacities.
I would like to go kayaking, too, when it will be safe, and to keep yourself and your visitors safe, this is the only way now. It is hard, I know, but if you are careless you and our visitors will suffer, in case you prioritize safety, you will have more and more returning visitors.