Some good news?

Paul_B

We've had an email saying that the government has to say yes, the angling trust insurer has to say yes, Yorkshire water has to say yes and this includes using their car park and the club committee has to say yes, bailiffs etc need protecting and social distancing from each other needs adhering to, not much chance of that with the groups of walkers, dog walkers and now idiots on bikes who don't know what no cyling means or why.

easker1

think on the Poor Barstewards like me who are on a full lock down, because of age etc.I am not supposed to leave the environs of my house, there must be many more,if you are allowed to fish we won't be able to,think on that, easker1

ackroyd

Yes, I'm in that boat too. Fishing is a great pastime, but I owe it to my family to stay alive. The thing to remember is that government is inherently cynical. You just have to look back to 2017 when BoJo, Hancock, and some other Tories were on their feet cheering in the Commons after voting down a pay rise for nurses. And the minute the economy starts to falter dangerously they will be telling us it is safe to go back to work. Well, I'm retired and I don't have to do so. But I'll not be taking any risks until a vaccine is found or the deaths flatten out to near zero. When I can, I shall go fishing alone on wild shorelines.

Latest posts