SOUTH WEST CASTING CLUB?

dwdw1

Has there ever been any interest in or discussion about a south-west casting club?
cheers
dw

dwdw1

A lot of the guys I know are based around the Bristol, south Bristol area.
I guess somewhere around the Blagdon area would be pretty well represented?

canefly

A couple of us down here in cornwall would be interested,but would only go as far as Exeter really,thats 1.5 hours each way for us:)

dwdw1

Exter is a pretty straight run down the motorway for many so that doesn't seem out of the question. I've put a similar thread on 'another forum' to see what interest there is.
cheers
dw

mark elvin

Well I'm from Bristol, and until last night had not even cast a fly line, so I'd be interested in meeting others, even if only to pich thier brains.

Pete T

Trade Member
Hi all,

If you don't mind coming down to Devon then I would happily try and put something together. I am based at the Fox and Hounds in Eggesford and we have a field, lake, river and the all important bar for afterwards!

Pete

mark elvin

Hi all,

If you don't mind coming down to Devon then I would happily try and put something together. I am based at the Fox and Hounds in Eggesford and we have a field, lake, river and the all important bar for afterwards!

Pete
What a cracking idea........

carlcarp

Hi all,

Pete

I can personnally vouch for the bar - the foods very good as well.

Ps: Hello Pete, any signs of those big silver fish yet?

Carl

Sounds a good idea, I guess you are not far off two hours away as Clatworthy can take of an hour and a half from Wincanton if Taunton is busy, doable though.

Nigel

canefly

That sounds great Pete!:)

Its about the same distance as Exeter for me.Bristol is too far,the south west is a big region!

Maybe split it into south west and far south west?

jiffy

Would it be for all levels of casting abilites. As my casting is truly shocking...And at the moment lessons are a bit to expensive.

dwdw1

This is all sounding good! Many thanks Pete for the offer - I'd be really grateful if you could put something together.I shall check out the bar when I see you next weekend!
cheers
David dw

Latest posts