SOUTH WEST CASTING CLUB?

dwdw1

spent some of the morning with Pete at Eggsford yesterday - great venue for the club! many thanks Pete.
David dw:):)

canefly

Two of us coming from cornwall Pete,waiting to here from a couple of others.

One thing I would like help with and then to practise,is getting narrower loops,must be high on most peoples list?

Regards

canefly

p.s had my last outing to the streams yesterday,will miss using the little greenriver:)

FunkyFlyTying

Will be there.
Looking forward to a good mix of peeps turning up.
Whats great with a casting club is its a bunch of guys having fun and learning from each other.
Playing with different lines,rods and reels.
The fox and hounds is a great place to meet as well.
I think i will bring my 8 year old lad down as well.
The food and beer are first class as well:guinness:

Pete T

Trade Member
Hi all,

Apologies for for the late reply but I sadly was out fishing in Montana (!)

Yes, the club is going ahead as scheduled. I'll pop a few details of where to meet and park nearer the time.

Pete

canefly

Myself and hobee with will attending:)

Pete,I'll bring the little cane for you to have a look at,but its not practical to use it.I take it, the casting will be on lake and grass now anyway?

Pete T

Trade Member
Hi Canefly,

I look forward to meeting you and having a cast of your rod. I'll have my Bannister Superfast and a selection of my Helios and Hydros to play with. I think Toby is bringing some Scotts and it sounds like there will be a few GLXD's and I suspect DW will have his Zed Axis so we'll have a good mixture of rods. I'll also bring a selction of lines to try too.

Lets aim for a 10.30 start. I'll need to check with the hotel but it might be good to meet in the overflow car park as I think they'll be having a carvery on Sun and it can get busy in the car park.

The overflow car park is: as you look at the front of the hotel head towards the house on the right and you'll see a car park opposite the house. You'll see my silver toyota hi lux parked there.

The hotel is in Eggesford and the post code is: EX18 7JZ

Pete

dwdw1

Hi Pete, sodd's law has dictated that I have to go to Chester on Thursday and won't get back until Sunday evening! so I'm going to miss the first gathering!:(
On a more positive side I'm in the middle of making a 10ft sage xp. Should be finished in a month or so , and I'll bring this as well as a z-axis next time.
Really cheesed off to miss the event!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

canefly

Thats a shame dw,you started this!

Someone mention a carvery?:whistle:

dwdw1

yes, lovely wife made arrangements for wrong weekend!!!!!! - and now I'll be spending a long weekend with her family!!!!:(:(:(

never mind - next time I shall engrave the date on her memory!!
hope you all have a great time

Pete T

Trade Member
Hi Brian,

See you Sunday!

Canefly,

There is a carvery this Sunday and if anyone wants to stay on I think I can get us a table. It is £12 for 2 courses. Let me know if you want a spot and I'll see what I can do.

Pete

canefly

Hi Pete

Two more for the carvery,if its lunch time? sounds good:)

Is it casting only pete,or some lake fishing also? need to know,to prepare my maggots:whistle:

shortass

Pete,

Many thanks for hosting today's event, given the weather it was a pretty good number of people that came today.

It was good to meet others in the south west region and I hope we look to have another session soon.

Apologies for leaving early today, I wanted to come to the casting club to see what it was about, but had also made other arrangements.
On that note the silver lining was catching a 7lb and a 5lb rainbow a Burton Springs later on!

Anyway I hope that the cavery was good,

Speak soon,

Andy

Hobee

Yes, many thanks Pete for hosting such an enjoyable day, top man!

Was good to meet you and the rest of the guys. I had a great time and learned loads

Looking forward to the next one and i hope others on here, whether they have just picked up a fly rod for the first time or are old hands, come along and help make the South West Casting Club the success it deserves to be!

Lunch was good too! :guinness:

canefly

Yes,a super day Pete!:)

Nice to meet you all,I also learnt a few things to work on now!

Watching you distance boys was fun! I couldn't bend that TCR!:D