SOUTH WEST CASTING CLUB?

dwdw1

sounds like you had a great day while i was stuck on the mootorway north of birmingham watching a car fire reduce a Ford to a shell!:(:(
never mind see you all next time - cheers Pete!
David dw

Pete T

Trade Member
It was great to see you all there and I hope this will be the first of many more meetings. Massive respect for Canefly and Hobee for coming all the way up and that the casting, food and beer made the journey home a little easier!

I'll pop up a new date for a month or so's time that I hope will fit in with everyone else.

Pete

happyfisher

cast it - eat it - drink it

Hi All
It was good to meet up for a relaxed morning and chuck some fluff at the f&h. I think we all took away something from the morning even if it was the sound of the tcr begggging for mercy (didnt sound like duffy??) as the 100 marker inched closer!!

Bring on the bamboo (cravats optional) - maybe next time ? ?

hf

Pete T

Trade Member
Hi all,

I've just checked the weather and it looks like we are getting some snow over the weekend and low temps. I know some of you are travelling a fair way for the meet so I was wondering if you still wanted to crack on or hold fire until Jan?

What does everyone think?

Pete

devonflyfishing

Pro Member
SW Casting Club

Hi Pete,

it's easy for me, just 20 minutes down the road. See what things are like closer, say Friday, and either go for it or pull the plug then maybe.

Cheers,

Bryan

dwdw1

probably better to wait until Jan for me. unless you've finished that extension Pete and i can bring my sleeping bag etc' etc'.:whistle:
cheers
David

canefly

Hi guys

Myself and nigel are going to give it a miss for now.

Merry christmas to all

canefly

sjp2215

casting Club

seems to be a fair bit of trafic on this but nothing is actaully happening.
Unless i am missing something?
Does not one of the "Stanic" or what the name is guys just post a date and charge every one a £5 to come along or is this all too simplistic?
There must be a commercial oportunity for one of them to do quite niceley at the profusion of country fairs in the summer too.
Will approach the local S+T Assoc to see if they would sponsor something?

SP

Pete T

Trade Member
Hi SJP,

We have already had one meet and had to cancel the last due to the weather. I guess we need to sort a new one out for Jan/Feb.

To me, the whole idea of the casting clubs is to make them as simplistic as possible and we thought the easiest way was to have informal meetings where a bunch of guys could get together, cast a few rods and swap some ideas about fishing and casting. The format seemed to work pretty well and the feedback I think was pretty positive.

There were a number of instructors there who were happy to help out and a few did some demos that were hopefully of some use and were happy to do it for free.

I am not sure if you are West Country based but most of the country shows (Devon County,Mid Devon and North Devon that I know of) all offer free fly casting tuition and some, if not all are S & T supported along with the kids fishing days that are also held.

Thanks for reminding me we need to sort a date for the next one and I hope you are able to come along!

Pete

Pete T

Trade Member
Hi SJP,

I'll pop a date up in a few days, hope you are able to make it.

Dave,
Would be good to have you there, would like to speak to you at some stage about something else too.

Pete

Latest posts