Special birthday destination?

pedros

A special birthday will be with me in 18 months time (begins with 5 ends with 0). Having just celebrated my partners special birthday with its associated costs I though hey, if we spend that much on me then that would be a great fishing trip.

So members, what would be your choice of fishing excursion for that special birthday?

R

River Fly

Canada and Iceland are on mine :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent by fairy dust via Tapatalk.

bcspey

British Columbia gets my vote, great fishing in one of the prettiest places in the world.
Gordo.

ChrisC84

New Zealand for trout as a couple, or Christmas Island if you're going on your own and want to tackle monsters

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
I just thought it was quite obvious…

Anyway, Mrs Pedros quite fancies the idea so it may have to be little 'two centred'

February.
Rio Grande, Gallegos or similar rivers Argentina or TDF.
Biggest, and most, sea trout in rivers, on fly, in world!!
just aint much for other half to do but look at the big, big skies!!
Fly fishing trip of a lifetime, and then some.
regards
bert

duff

It was New Zealand for me.
It's a pity that I had reached 50 before discovering a great country with brilliant fishing.

pedros

Well, North America has been shortlisted thus far. If anybody has any specific experience/recommendations and links if poss for the following areas:

-British Columbia
-Montana/Yellowstone
-Appellatia (West Virginia/Virginia)
-New England
-Maine

A bit diverse in areas I know, but Mrs P will be accompanying...

haggstock

Victoria BC is a lovely place with so much more to do than fishing! think of Harrogate by the sea, and think of how the UK should be not is, and you have the picture. If you fancy a break from rivers there is great boat fishing mooching for salmon or pirking for Halibut, I had a dozen salmon to 14 lbs in 3 or 4 hours , and you have a real chance of a monster. Also must do there is take a boat trip to see the Orcas , a fifty mile trip at 30 knots was impressive enough but seeing those for real was the outstanding memory of my all too brief long weekend up there. A company worth looking up is Island Outfitters ,

bcspey

Hi Pedros,
I have hosted fishing trips to British Columbia for the last 10yrs, and hosting a trip there again this year.
Planning is everything, but I would look at flying into Calgary fishing a day or to on the Bow river and then head through the Rockies to the Okanagan valley, the drive is spectacular and voted one of the best in the world, takes around 8hrs, but you can stop half way and fish a couple of stunning trout streams in the mountains, before moving on, driving is easy with better roads than in the UK.
From the Okanagan valley there are lots of options and routes to Vancouver Island or the Fraser Valley.
I could go into so much more detail, and if you decide to go to BC i can always help, but this route will allow you to fish some stunning river, give you hotel accommodation every night with lots of outdoor things for your boss to do if she likes the outdoors, there are so many options.
If you go in the summer months in is likely to be 30 to 35 degrees in the Okanagan, with all the outdoor activities in full flow, you can fish the trout streams, drift the rivers, swim in the lakes, eat outdoors in the warm summer nights.
Nowhere caters for the great outdoors like Canada, it would, i believe the trip of a lifetime for you both, and why i have been there 40 times over the last few years.
You can plan a route to fish for Salmon, Sturgeon, Trout or them all, fish different river and still have hotel accommodation every night.
Cheers Gordon.

devon flyfisher

Although NZ is high on my list Montana is where my heart is.
Been there a few times now and will be going back later this year.
Your wife will love it especially Yellowstone whilst you will be blown away with the fishing and scenery.
Don't forget you might have to factor in 'run-off' depending on the time of year and snow pack
Cheers
Richard

Last edited:

Pete T

Trade Member
Like has been said before NZ is great and would work well with Mrs P too.

Yellowstone is fantastic, plenty of stuff here

In the Park | Eat, Sleep, Fish
Montana Fishing Part One | Eat, Sleep, Fish

If your wife is coming and she doesn't fish you might want to consider Missoula in Montana. It is a nice size and has a nice mix of people due to be a uni town. You also have the Clark Fork running through the town and the Blackfoot, Bitteroot and Rock Creek just a short distance away.

Pete

Latest posts