Spring flower identification?

eddleston123

Clumps of these in a small woodland beside the river Tweed. I'm sure it must be a simple common flower, but I can't find it in either Collins or Blacks book. Long slender leaves.

Douglas

Cap'n Fishy

I recognised that as one I found on the Tay a couple of years ago, so I went to see what it was called and found I never did get a name for it...

Col

mackiia1

Cap'n Fishy

Would they be these ??
That looks very like them. I was just having a go at using the flower id app on my tablet, only to find it needed updating, and then it wanted £20 a year to use it! So, I uninstalled it and found another free one. I fed it my photo from the Tay, and it came up with "Forbes' Squill". When Googled...

... also known as "Glory-of-the-snow".

Result! (y)

Glad to put that one to bed after 2 years!

Col

ohanzee

Interesting one, took a walk along the river Kelvin and then along the Allander, these are dotted along the bank but fairly colonised along a ditch and into nearby woods....

IMG_1801.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG

Fishtales

Interesting one, took a walk along the river Kelvin and then along the Allander, these are dotted along the bank but fairly colonised along a ditch and into nearby woods....

View attachment 24397
View attachment 24398
Skunk Cabbage

ohanzee

That's the one(y) not surprised its regarded as an invasive species having seen how many have appeared.

7x57

I saw loads of these last spring somewhere, and can't for the life of me remember where!!

Much like in your photo, very prolific.