Squirmy worms .Aldi have rubber balls full of squirmy worm bits at £2.99 six different colours

dgp

Tried red and orange on my local stillwater yesterday just out of interest. - fish weren't interested but there again I,ve never caight on squirmy worm material so my heart wasn't in it and the fish aren't daft fresh stockies either. I could tempt them with a little black nymph - more my style of fishing!

dgp

Thanks for that William,
I've been and bought a ball and its perfect for heather flies (y) etc etc
Would be interested to know how you use thick rubber squirmy worm material in a heather fly ? The ones in Wales are delicate flies !

diawl bach

Would be interested to know how you use thick rubber squirmy worm material in a heather fly ? The ones in Wales are delicate flies !

It's a sobering thought that if Major Charles Roberts had had an Aldi round the corner from the Burrishoole fishery he'd simply have nipped out, bought one of their balls for material and the Bibio would never have seen the light of day.

Reactions: dgp

Paul_B

It's a sobering thought that if Major Charles Roberts had had an Aldi round the corner from the Burrishoole fishery he'd simply have nipped out, bought one of their balls for material and the Bibio would never have seen the light of day.
and I bet he'd have popped into pound land too and bought a couple of bath bombs so he had wing material ;)