Start of the Curly bum season.

3lbgrayling

Noticed last night that the swallows/sand martins/house martins/swifts. came on the loch about 9pm.they were really going daft.Screaming and chirping.Saw lots of slashy rises.But with no torch I had to pack it in.(old eyes) with just a couple of fish.
Got set up for tonight. but it was well wet.But 9.30pm the fish started to rise and the birds came in.Don't think they are really locked in yet but.still managed 6 browns and 1 bow into the dark.Pheasant tail emerger did the trick(as per usual).This hatch is a bit early.but normally lasts for about 1 month.had to watch I did not hook a bat as they took over from the birds. in the dark.Some folk don't like a boat in the dark.but if you limit your use of the torch.your eyes adjust.

Jim

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Noticed last night that the swallows/sand martins/house martins/swifts. came on the loch about 9pm.they were really going daft.Screaming and chirping.Saw lots of slashy rises.But with no torch I had to pack it in.(old eyes) with just a couple of fish.
Got set up for tonight. but it was well wet.But 9.30pm the fish started to rise and the birds came in.Don't think they are really locked in yet but.still managed 6 browns and 1 bow into the dark.Pheasant tail emerger did the trick(as per usual).This hatch is a bit early.but normally lasts for about 1 month.had to watch I did not hook a bat as they took over from the birds. in the dark.Some folk don't like a boat in the dark.but if you limit your use of the torch.your eyes adjust.

Jim
Get yer buns onto the bank, and forget the chaos of the boat in the dark!
regards
Bert

bobmiddlepoint

Get yer buns onto the bank, and forget the chaos of the boat in the dark!
regards
Bert

Unless the bank is a mown lawn I've always found fishing from a boat in the dark easier. But then again I've always been a very tidy boat fisher, no chaos in my boat ;)

Andy

3lbgrayling

I had intended to fish dries till the curlybum hatch.But on getting out about 7.discovered that Fish were rising to small white sedge.Heres some photos.Looked like rain about 9.30 so never got to fish the curlybum rise but who cares when the action was as good as this.

Jim

Latest posts