Stem mounted waste bowl

luke troutstalker

Banned
Banned
I made this some time back from a slab of Ali I had, and have been using it ever since - I have changed my setup so it's now surplus.

It's 5 1/2" diameter, and has a base made from Bamboo, as there was a hole to fill. The other 4 darker areas have been filled with epoxy putty and machined along with the bowl.

I generally let it swing on the stem and pulled it under when needed. To empty, just loosen the brass thumbscrew to release the bowl from the mounting arm - works well.

Stem hole drilled 3/8", but I can open it out to 10mm if required.

SOLD posted seems fair enough, there was hours of work in it.

b41a786c7236924f79d3baa48bef2889.jpg

33507ed2f2c5b553e09af92f794f461f.jpg

Last edited:
G

guest54

£30 posted seems fair enough, there was hours of work in it.

I think that's a gift at the price, the stem and screws have got £30 worth of work in them.
I wonder how many people realise the cost of those materials?, even though you say they were "spare". (I know because I've just ordered another £60 worth.

PS any thoughts on uses for an old aluminium pressure cooker, someone put it out for the scrap man but I asked and got the OK to take it, got a funny look from them.

Last edited:
G

guest54

Silly so & so, you'll get me arrested making suggestions like that.:D

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

How about a chamber pot?
You'd only need empty it it once a fortnight :thumbs:

Nurse makes me use the commode.:eek:

arkle

A fair few commercial dyers use pressure cooking devices, so if you ever wanted to try using using it for that it's worth taking up some storage space with.

fredaevans

I made this some time back from a slab of Ali I had, and have been using it ever since - I have changed my setup so it's now surplus.

It's 5 1/2" diameter, and has a base made from Bamboo, as there was a hole to fill. The other 4 darker areas have been filled with epoxy putty and machined along with the bowl.

I generally let it swing on the stem and pulled it under when needed. To empty, just loosen the brass thumbscrew to release the bowl from the mounting arm - works well.

Stem hole drilled 3/8", but I can open it out to 10mm if required.

SOLD posted seems fair enough, there was hours of work in it.

b41a786c7236924f79d3baa48bef2889.jpg

33507ed2f2c5b553e09af92f794f461f.jpg

OK I'll ask ..... what's it used for?

luke troutstalker

Banned
Banned
It's a good job I didn't post up what it was in it's previous life, that would have really confused him ;)

About £1200 quids worth of industrial gas meter :whistle:

I have another 3 in the garage, not decided what to do with them yet.

par_1352735805.jpg

Novice

Great it seems I am the only one who can appreciate the industrial beauty. Yes I am the new owner. I am not a dentist or chef.:p

Thanks Mike for converting waste into something practical to collect waste.:thumbs:

ngauge

It's a good job I didn't post up what it was in it's previous life, that would have really confused him ;)

About £1200 quids worth of industrial gas meter :whistle:

I have another 3 in the garage, not decided what to do with them yet.

par_1352735805.jpg

you could make me a waste bowl:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: