Stenhouse reservoir C&R evening session 1-07-2020

craigluscar

On the loch at 5.15pm cool wind from the east overcast temp 12C water clarity 7 feet, 5 boats on the water with 3 bank anglers . Very few fish on the surface ,2 hours in before I lose a fish on a cormorant . I have not seen a fish caught on the other boats .I have been moving round the west end and take the boat down to the 3 bushes on the North shore the wind drops and leaves a nice ripple ,there are fish moving and I cover a nice head and tail ,Bang ! my line is out to the backing before I stop him it takes me 8 minutes to get him to the net . Weighed in in the net at 8lb plus absolute stonker of a rainbow with plenty of fight ,I lose another 10 mins later. When I come off another boat has caught 2 and a bank angler has caught 1 . A very pleasant night on the loch but not many fish caught .

sorb

Thanks for the report, sounds like a nice water.
Must try that place sometime.
Do you get an outboard for the boat, or is it not required?
Cheers
Bobby

3lbgrayling

Cheers
Bobby
You have to supply your own electric if you want power.but is not really required.

Jim

craigluscar

Cheers
Bobby
Hi Bobby ,10 boats on the loch Take your own electric outboard ,nice well run family fishery ,John Callison took over from his father Jock this year Bank fishers are now coming back to this wee gem as John is keeping the weed clear . You will need your own net while the lockdown restrictions are in place and the bothy is off limits . Once restrictions are lifted its a great bothy with a roaring fire and teas and ciffees on the go all day .Its not a big loch so rowing is not a problem .........tight lines Les

sorb

Hi Bobby ,10 boats on the loch Take your own electric outboard ,nice well run family fishery ,John Callison took over from his father Jock this year Bank fishers are now coming back to this wee gem as John is keeping the weed clear . You will need your own net while the lockdown restrictions are in place and the bothy is off limits . Once restrictions are lifted its a great bothy with a roaring fire and teas and ciffees on the go all day .Its not a big loch so rowing is not a problem .........tight lines Les
many thanks sir

Latest posts