Step By Step List (Complete)

roll cast

Sorry guys I haven't updated this in a while I'll sort it out this week and maybe get the author names back as well.

3lbgrayling

It is a sad fact of life that if your images are hosted on external providers and you dump them or delete images then they are lost to the forum as well.:(

Jim

ejw

Roll cast, well done, a lot of work.
Shame that they cannot be opened now. Admin, how about some help here ? It's very frustrating to see such a comprehensive list and not be able to open the links.

campsiefisher

doobrys
i just cliked on a cinamon sedge and nothing pity to lose this

They work, it's just that the site is re-directing you wrongly.

===============

Here you go uploaded by buzz Mar 3, 2009

Just a quick one.
Two ingredients really, cinnamon CDC and deer hair. I like it on a size 14 longish shank hook tied with rusty brown UTC thread(you will need a thread that splits easily). This fly is best tossed into a broken water but does well at the tail of a smooth glide;)

So, even thread in touching turns down the shank of the hook then catch in one CDC feather

Wrap the CDC round the hook as you would a hackle in touching turns to about half way up the shank

Tie off

Now get a small neat clump of deer hair (i guess you could use a stacker) and using the pinch and loop method lay the deer along the hook (hold on tight)to create a wing sloping towards the end of the hook. The wing should extend to the end of the hook.

Tie off best you can and trim.

Now split your thread and insert one or two CDC feathers up to the stem, cut the stem off just leaving the wispy tendrils and spin the thread forming a type of CDC rope.

Now brushing back after every turn wind the rope to the eye of the hook and whip finish.

This fly for the last few years has accounted for a number of good fish. Hold on!

campsiefisher

3lbgrayling Friday at 11:43 PM

Hope your well Jim

I'm doing fine Jim thanks for asking, I hope you are too and enjoying your season. I don't get on the forum much these days as it errors most of the time for me when i log in, and as you've likely noticed most of the Fly tying section will not work for members as the site is redirecting to invalid links. It's a real shame as there are some gems on here that really should have been fixed, and most are easily fixed.

Best regards
Jim

aenoon Saturday at 12:07 AM

Jim the original post, and listings were from 2013! Might have issues resurrecting same!
regards
Bert

Hi Bert all the articles are still there, it's just that the site is redirecting users wrongly to the articles.

Best regards
Jim