Still fishing.

boorod

AFAIK Elinor trout fishery is still open for business, any idea why some fisheries are allowed to open?
That's up to them, nothing to do with me, totally irresponsible in my opinion, and to them going there to fish, it was not taken lightly to close our section of river, but under the current situation it was the right thing to do, there are signs up saying the river is closed until further notice, but you still get some @rseholes that think i will still go and do what I want and fook the rest.

champyron

Elinor trout fishery did close. Their website said they were open and they had a banner scrolling across the screen saying that. I was concerned but could not get them on the telephone. However they quickly answered an enquiry through their website booking. I was informed that their website controller was having difficulty returning from abroad to make changes. They have now removed the scrolling banner and intend to put a closure notice on their website as soon as possible.

Clunk

Have been told that some nobheads are still fishing UCAPA waters, ignoring the ban, with folk like this it will only make matters worse from getting a lift from this lockdown, yes were are all wanting to get fishing, but ffs give it a miss, we done it during the foot & mouth, only we could still walk about then, worse now that we are not supposed to go anywhere, I only hope that those folk get caught out and banned from the water for good, and i have heard all this ," im only alone" p1sh, as said one does it, they all want to do it. just stay away untill thing get better.
rant over.
boorod, the chances are those "anglers" don't even have a permit in the first place. Do the police still have the authority to smash the fishing gear or impound their car. That would be sweet.

I'm sure you will remember "Big Geordie" He told me a story when he and the police were chasing some poachers. They caught up with one and he had a few treble hooks embedded in his hand as he tried to rip the evidence off his line.
No pu$$y footing with these twats

oldbull

Government lists walking, running and cycling in its guidance to exercising during the current pandemic. Angling Trust have recently issued the following guidance: " The Angling Trust, alongside a number of other Sport England governing bodies, has been in contact with the Sports Minister at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.

The Minister thanked the sports sector for its united and professional response to minimising risk, saving lives and supporting our NHS. He stated that the guidance should be taken in the spirit it was delivered. Namely, to stay at home, stay safe and to avoid all but essential travel. He reaffirmed that now was not the time to be seeking loopholes and that the prescribed activities were clear - as a result those sports which were still advising activity have updated their policies not to participate and follow the government's guidelines.

We have had thousands of visits to our dedicated COVID 19 information hub - https://joinanglingtrust.net/covid19-support-hub/

- and the phone lines have not stopped ringing since we launched. The Angling Trust is here to support the entire community and will next week be delivering dedicated content alongside partners to help all anglers maintain the fishing habit and as much as possible bring the ethos of the sport we love into your homes.

In recognition of the need to support both physical health and mental wellbeing, Sport England have launched their Join the Movement campaign - https://www.sportengland.org/stayinworkout

- and to support this the Angling Trust will be introducing further resources across the coming weeks. If anyone has content they would like to share please email notifications@anglingtrust.net

I want to personally thank anglers, angling clubs and fisheries for taking strong and decisive action in the face of an unprecedented public health challenge. We have come together as a community and your support has been nothing short of fantastic.

I understand the frustration - as I look out of the window I like to think I know where the fish would be on my favourite waters and what tactics I would use to trick them. Fortunately we anglers practice patience like very few others and this situation is simply more important. And it is that patience we have to show now by remaining strong and doing the right thing. I thank you for doing your bit in staying inside, saving lives and supporting our NHS.

Jamie Cook, Chief Executive
Angling Trust & Fish Legal"

Last edited:

boorod

boorod, the chances are those "anglers" don't even have a permit in the first place. Do the police still have the authority to smash the fishing gear or impound their car. That would be sweet.

I'm sure you will remember "Big Geordie" He told me a story when he and the police were chasing some poachers. They caught up with one and he had a few treble hooks embedded in his hand as he tried to rip the evidence off his line.
No pu$$y footing with these twats
You can take their fishing tackle etc from them, only if you have a crown bailiff ticket, and had heard it happened last year with one fishing up near Roberton, Aye Geordie did'nt take any p1sh from anyone.

black and silver

I think the latest gov advice re exercise is you can travel within a reasonable distance of your home if going for a country walk, and as long as you are not near other people, that's fine.

I take that to mean I can go fishing in my local river, but if anyone else is there, I won't bother.
Either your a wind up merchant, or you need to be treated as the chinese police or even the italian police would treat you.

What is it with some people who seem to think the lock down is a public bloody holiday, one of my neighbours seem to think she is running a drop in center, it's time this country got tough of the dicks who take the p**s.

PS sorry if it seems i'm ranting, but my wife works for NHS, so these p**s takers really wind me up.

Stay safe guys.

cammy

I think the latest gov advice re exercise is you can travel within a reasonable distance of your home if going for a country walk, and as long as you are not near other people, that's fine.

I take that to mean I can go fishing in my local river, but if anyone else is there, I won't bother.
NO!

Jeltz

Keep your hair on, I wouldn't go on a bus or train if you paid me, yet people are still doing this. But I can go for a walk by the river near my home, which is in accordance with gov guidance, as long as I don't fish it. Bearing in mind I will be the only one there, can I look at the river?

We have a doctor in the family and my cousin is a nurse but we don't make a big song and dance about it.

2306chris

Keep your hair on, I wouldn't go on a bus or train if you paid me, yet people are still doing this. But I can go for a walk by the river near my home, which is in accordance with gov guidance, as long as I don't fish it. Bearing in mind I will be the only one there, can I look at the river?

We have a doctor in the family and my cousin is a nurse but we don't make a big song and dance about it.
Would you be making a song and dance if one of your family members in the NHS became seriously ill due to members of the public not listening to government advice? The guidelines are clear and specific, no fishing, why just ignore it?

andygrey

Where do the guidelines say no fishing?
They don't specifically mention fishing, but do say 'Stay at home'... yes you can look for a loop-hole with the 'daily exercise' statement but TBH... let's all do out bit to help stop this. Far too many people on social media trying to justify a fishing trip but it's not 'essential'. Should be end-of.

cammy

They don't specifically mention fishing, but do say 'Stay at home'... yes you can look for a loop-hole with the 'daily exercise' statement but TBH... let's all do out bit to help stop this. Far too many people on social media trying to justify a fishing trip but it's not 'essential'. Should be end-of.
Why are you looking for a loophole? Doctors and nurses are being killed by this virus?!

cammy

Nor do they mention flying a kite, throwing a frisbee, tennis, handgliding, rock climbing, canoeing, sailing, but they are all still no. A walk or a cycle, that is it!!!