Stocks Reservoir, Lancashire

TroutAtlas

Stocks Reservoir is the largest fly fishery in the North West of England with 4.5 miles of bank fishing and 350 acres of open water for boat fishing. Situated at the head of the Hodder Valley in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

2012 season starts: Saturday 25th February 2012

Stocks fishing reports for 2012 - will follow!

Full Satellite Image and Map (Google)

Last edited by a moderator:

farmerblob

i have fished it for many years and as far as i am aware there are no pike in stocks as there are no course fish either, but as for letting you take them out i am sure they will.

bill1

Last year, a few lads on the Pike Fly Fishing Forum were talking about contacting the then new manager about fly fishing for Pike. I'm pretty sure that they did and that he was thinking about it.
If I remember correctly, they thought that there used to be pike in there, albeit hard to find but the poachers may have got most of them out.

Best to give Stocks a ring.

flickupflickback

there are no pike in stocks at all i know this as a fact mainly as i worked there for four years :thumbs: there is a very small population of perch

smithp18

Hi just seen first day report on web site, it appears dispute the cold it the fishing was excellent rod avg 18 and some good fish all around the fishery.

kenny

If anybody is looking for a good day out then get Stocks, no need to fish lures even this early as there is loads of buzzers hatching.

I fished Nymphs & buzzers for a great day.

The fish I caught on Saturday were a credit to the Fishery and Ben.

fatneck

Fished here Saturday for the first time. Thoroughly excellent fishery beautiful location - the fish are a credit to the excellent running of the place. Several times I thought I was into fish at least double the size they turned out to be!

Latest posts