Strange Capture Today

Rob Edmunds

Fishing Grafham today with my lad, and he caught this.. on a size 12 Hare's Ear off "The Seat"....gave us quite the run around ...had to follow it in the boat on one occasion before it spooled him...

Thankfully we managed to net it....I estimate it weighed 25lb ish........it was deep, broad and very heavy when I lifted it in the boat....

Made our day20200627_120152~4.jpg20200627_120207~2.jpg

Last edited:

Rob Edmunds

Yeah.....amazing day, and you can't believe how happy we were to actually net it......

If I hadn't been there and seen it for myself I would have found it extremely hard to believe.

Must have been released by someone when it was smaller .....it was in in cracking condition

GEK79

Yeah.....amazing day, and you can't believe how happy we were to actually net it......

If I hadn't been there and seen it for myself I would have found it extremely hard to believe.

Must have been released by someone when it was smaller .....it was in in cracking condition
What a great day for you both.. Well done.

Rob Edmunds

I assume it's a Koi.....that's all it can be can't it....??

It was feeding in the margins....sipping stuff off the top.....he just cast in front with a hares ear booby pulled it into its path and left it....and it sucked it in...

Wee Jimmy

It was feeding in the margins....sipping stuff off the top.....he just cast in front with a hares ear booby pulled it into its path and left it....and it sucked it in...
They are worth a few bob Rob....might have been a bit tricky getting it home alive though...🥴

Rob Edmunds

The thought did cross my mind for a second....back goes £1,000 or more.....

Then again we couldn't transport it safely, or keep it anywhere because it was so big ...

It's obviously doing well in Grafham.....best it stays there......it certainly gave us a day to remember

GEK79

They are worth a few bob Rob....might have been a bit tricky getting it home alive though...🥴
The lake must be healthy with life is it stocked do they use feed there..And a great shot of the young fella with a life vest floatation device well done..

Last edited:

sabalos

Brilliant, Carp can last quite a long time out of water. Need to keep their gills wet and are ok.
Lots of Carp have travelled about from water to water in a wet hessian sack.
Not to be recommended though with recent heat.
Excellent angling though, good lad.

Mrtrout

I think it’s a stocked Rainbow with a skin disease. :giggle:
What a good fight he must have had, be a good talking point down the pub when they open.
S.

codyarrow

Who cares what it is worth, what a great father and son day out.

Is the apprentice beginning to outclass the master though?;)

jaybeegee

I recently showed my grandsons some old fishing photos...blimey, wait till your great grandsons see those! 👍

original cormorant

Could he see what it was before casting to it?

Years ago I had a big bream at Grafham on a floating fry.