Summertime fishing för grayling and brown trout in Tweed

bananflugan

Summertime fishing for grayling and brown trout in Tweed

Hi!

I'm thinking about taking a trip to river Tweed and river Teviot, near Kelso in the end of June or beginning of July. How is the fishing for grayling and brown trout then?

Last edited:

heathenwoods

My Dad lives round that way so I have a day on the Tweed every now and again. For convenience more than anything, I usually fish this beat, Ladykirk and Norham. My last trip up there with a rod was last August and even in the dog days I had 20 or so fish - a mix of brown trout and grayling. That's without knowing the river and less about fly fishing than I now do (which isn't saying much). So someone who knows the river or who has better rivercraft could have a good day there :thumbs:

pikecatcher

Try the Whiteadder - really inexpensive Trout fishing, lovely water, lots of fish (but lots of Parr so go barbless!)

blox119

I'm disappointed by this thread.

I thought it was about summer time fishing for brown trout and grayling whilst wearing tweed.

I had dressed especially for it in breeks and dear stalker too!

I've been catching a lot of grayling & trout on the tweed recently (Coldstream near Kelso) so I would say this last month it has been pretty good, I have only been fly fishing one month & whenever im out I always feel someone more experienced (e.g fly selection, using more than one fly, knowing where to fish lol) would have a lot of success :thumbs: