Sunray lines

wobbly face

I have a few, not used much. About sums them up. In fairness, those I have are 3# and a level nymph and don't behave as advertised. However, those 5# and above do seem to work as advertised though the floating lines do need regular treatment to keep them floating.

PaulD

Today's 'Masterpiece' was a video How to Master Double Haul. A video of 40 seconds, 30 seconds of which was video of himself retrieving line before a 'vague' double haul (once) and a line shoot, before he returned to the camera to announce 100ft.

Would you buy a car designed by a man who can't drive?

suzzy buzzer

So I believe, never had to contact them fortunately but know others who have and a nightmare with no customer respect and they got banned.
I read the same, a few instances of this. I don’t understand it, good reputation takes a long time to build up, and can soon be trashed. It is human nature that people tend to remember the negative things.

suzzy buzzer

I saw something on Facebook a while back. A bloke was trying to sell a sunray rod that had been snapped at the tip, but professionally repaired. He had a tale of woe about how sunray had refused to help or honour the lifetime warranty, and in the end blocked this bloke.
unfortunately the topic attracted so much negative attention and comments that the rod was never going to sell. Someone even asked the sunray sponsored guy Dave southwaite to step in and help, and he did nothing at all, the impression he gave was that he was scared of stepping in and upsetting the owner. I don’t really follow sunray stuff, but you still see it on facebook. From what I have seen the owner seems to be a bit of a narcissist type.

andygrey

There is a certain amount of snake-oil around Sunrays claims, James (master-caster and 'brain the size of a planet') on here took the time to measure weights and densities etc. of one of the lines with some interesting results, one of which being that the floating lines actually had a density higher than water. Tom Bell is certainly a Marmite character but has come up with a novel take on fly-line design though the latest statement about 'too much overhang' being the biggest casting fault (and that his marked lines will help cure it) does rankle somewhat... As a casting instructor it's not something I'd put up there with wrist-break and too much casting arc etc. (none of which a fly-line in itself will cure). As for the lines themselves, never cast one but they do have a following. Some pretty ropey customer service reports though...

steve1968

Read this, make your own mind up , i have since spoke to other customers that have had similar customer service experiences even to the extent of Sunray holding monies but not supplying line .

I honestly thought i was doing my bit to support a small UK business and bought 5 different lines , i am still shocked how rude the man was not to mention not upholding the company returns policy.

In such a competitive market with many long standing reputable brands to go up against i cannot see how he will survive , neither do i care to be honest .

Glad he doesn't make waders !!

steve1968

On the other end of the spectrum , take a look at Barrio ,i suspect a similar size business ?? see how many reports of poor product or poor customer service you will find ??

andygrey

On the other end of the spectrum , take a look at Barrio ,i suspect a similar size business ?? see how many reports of poor product or poor customer service you will find ??
Barrio lines 100% of the way. They aren't trying to re-invent the wheel but somehow have managed to make it a bit rounder.

stevie d

I purchased one earlier as they were on offer for £20. So I thought I'd give it a go and got a 9wght sink tip for pike fishing. It's all ready to go but the current situation means I can't give it a whirl.