Sunray microlite rods

bothrops

I’ve been watching the promotional YouTube videos from Sunray which feature their Microlite rods. The guy is clearly a bit of a showman and always in full sales pitch mode but I’d be interested to hear people’s views on whether the rods live up to the seemingly over the top hype. Also, is the technology used in these rods unique to Sunray or are there similarly performing soft rods which bend throughout their length made by the more mainstream manufacturers?

Rob Edmunds

My personal opinion is that the guy is a complete and utter to$$er.

He makes all sorts of false claims as regards his lines and his Rants are legendary... watch one I dare you and then tell me you're seriously considering buying from him ( someone will post the link to his famous rant I'm sure)

I'm betting the claims he makes about his rods are equally as bad or false.

His customer service appauling.

How he is still trading is nothing short of a miracle.

Personally I would avoid at all costs.....if you want a through actioned rod that bends butt to tip go for a "Glass" blank......Epic, Blue Halo, Bloke are just a few off the top of my head that are very good

Last edited:

bothrops

Thanks guys. Never having seen any of his rants I was prepared to cut him some slack if his products measured up, but as this seems not to be the case and following the comments about his lack of customer service I have followed my gut reaction and bought a Vision Onki as a result of all the helpful suggestions from people on this site.

G

GEK79

Thanks guys. Never having seen any of his rants I was prepared to cut him some slack if his products measured up, but as this seems not to be the case and following the comments about his lack of customer service I have followed my gut reaction and bought a Vision Onki as a result of all the helpful suggestions from people on this site.
Listen lad I have first hand experience of his customer service but didn't get to try his rods which led to the problem.. General opinion that for the same price you can buy similar and have the service you expect..
Enjoy the Onki..
Gary

morayfisher

Trust Member
Careful where you buy an Onki from. There have been big variations in price in the past.
Uttings have had really good prices when I’ve looked.