Sunray world nymph line

yespsb

I for one cannot wait for your feedback, its certainly a very different line but before I throw £45 over the airwaves I need to be convinced :thumbs:

baztek1

Can't fault the delivery times - line ordered yesterday lunchtime and delivered today. If I can get it on a reel tonight I'll be giving it a try tomorrow

let us know how you get on Dave i also bought one but wont get to try it for another 3 weeks, it would be good to hear you thoughts.

1walker1

they have all gone . i have to wait 7 days till the new batch comes in.
had a good talk with tom today. i am now sure its the line for me .he is very helpful .still at £45-00 post free . till he has them boxed up .
ordered mine today.:thumbs:

lubagh

I'll stick with my Rio Euro Line, not broken, why fix it....

If the Czech's start using it, maybe I might look at it, but for the moment, I'll pass.. :thumbs:

dave h

let us know how you get on Dave i also bought one but wont get to try it for another 3 weeks, it would be good to hear you thoughts.

I used the line for about an hour today - there's a lot to like, I thought it would take some getting used to but it was easy to use. It casts really well and doesn't seem to sag at the ranges I fished (I thought it would). I caught fish with it - no problems there.

The web site says t hat the line isn't affected by strong winds - it is! its affected by not so strong ones too but probably no more or less than a French leader.

I bought the line on impulse really after reading a fair bit about nymph lines - I'd been a bit sceptical about them to be honest. I'm glad I bought it and I'll definitely use it again but it won't replace the French leader just yet.

baztek1

I used the line for about an hour today - there's a lot to like, I thought it would take some getting used to but it was easy to use. It casts really well and doesn't seem to sag at the ranges I fished (I thought it would). I caught fish with it - no problems there.

The web site says t hat the line isn't affected by strong winds - it is! its affected by not so strong ones too but probably no more or less than a French leader.

I bought the line on impulse really after reading a fair bit about nymph lines - I'd been a bit sceptical about them to be honest. I'm glad I bought it and I'll definitely use it again but it won't replace the French leader just yet.

Thanks for the feedback dave

rfishpond

So just so I'm on the same page - The international competition rules now require that you use a flyline when French nymphing so all these ultralight lines are being made to address this - three questions are they better than just using a French leader? Are they any different to the running line of a WF line? Could you not just reverse a WF and use that instead or some of the coated non-stretch running line we use for salmon Shooting heads? As for the snowbee 2-5 rated line is that not just a dense DT or triangle taper? Ie you use more of it to load a five weight and less for a two weight ie the same as any other fly line..........

Richard

Guest106

..are they better than just using a French leader?

No, in my opinion. But it will float better.....if that is a consideration to how one might fish it ( though the idea is normally to keep line off the water).

Are they any different to the running line of a WF line?

No, some are level, just like running line. However, the Cortland has a WF profile, the Rio is a DT and the new Snowbee Nymph line is also tapered.

.Could you not just reverse a WF and use that instead or some of the coated non-stretch running line we use for salmon Shooting heads?

Yes, as a casual angler and yes in comps as long as it is the permitted length and is not less than 0.55mm diameter. I think it has to be a 'production' line too ??

..As for the snowbee 2-5 rated line is that not just a dense DT or triangle taper? Ie you use more of it to load a five weight and less for a two weight ie the same as any other fly line..........

No, more of a compound taper short head........but I can appreciate what you are saying (which works). This review of the Thistledown by Magnus Angus, someone who knows his stuff and tests A LOT of fly lines, might be helpful:

http://flyfishing-and-flytying.co.uk/reviews/view/snowbee_xs_plus_thistle_down_wf2_to_5/

I'd certainly give that review more credibility than comments by someone who spent 5 minutes casting it.....on grass.......:eek:mg:

The running line on the Snowbee would probably make an excellent level taper Euro nymph line so it is two lines in one :D ;)

CF

Last edited:

Latest posts