Fly Fishing Forum banner

Super Bowl

3K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  bonefishblues 
#1 ·
Exciting game coming up.

Brady is the GOAT and has proven himself time after time in the clutch and was the biggest factor behind the Patriots dynasty period. He moved to the Bucks and was written off by many but has yet again shown only a fool would bet against him.

Mahomes is simply the most exciting quarterback in the game and since the Chiefs took him in the draft teaming him with other best in show offensive players they have established themselves as the team to watch. They look like they will be for time to come as well.

A true challenger to the Lord of the rings.

#4 ·
American football is one of the most choreographed team sports in the world. Based on the play that’s called everyone on offense is supposed to be at pre-assigned spot by a certain time. Of course the defense is cheerfully trying to toss as many wrenches into the works as possible which is what makes it fun to watch. Funny thing is that despite the bruises I really do remember my playing days as some of the most fun I had in high school.

Reactions: hutch6
#6 ·
I used to watch it when it was on Channel 4 in the 80s and 90s. They had the editing of the full game just right for us Brits. I was a fan of the 49ers and Joe Montana. Lost touch with it in recent times. A full game is just way too long for my attention span now. :(

Col

• Haha
#8 ·
I like American football but find the college games more exciting than the NFL. Many years ago I was very lucky to attend an Alabama - Auburn game. 90,000 people, really amazing experience for a college game.

Reg Wyatt
My fishing buddy's an American and used to play QB for some random college team - amusingly he's the spitting image of Terry Bradshaw, too!

#9 ·
I used to watch it when it was on Channel 4 in the 80s and 90s. They had the editing of the full game just right for us Brits. I was a fan of the 49ers and Joe Montana. Lost touch with it in recent times. A full game is just way too long for my attention span now. :(

Col
The man with the golden arm and winning brain but so down to earth and humble. Barely ever made the news apart from the games and to say he was keeping away from the media which was ironic.

My dad used to watch it then as well He was a Joh Elway Broncos fan. I was between Patriots and Cowboys. A neighbour had a satellite dish the size of another house on his garage so he could watch the games and used to get the NFL paper, I think it was First Down. I'd get the papers and the recorded games to watch. Looking back I think it was so he had someone to talk to about the games etc as he was all about the coaching, certain plays etc. I just wanted a grid helmet :D :D
For some really strange reason an official NFL shop opened up in Bradford. I'd go in and stare at the Riddell helmet that were on display, all new and brightly coloured.
I started doing jobs just to earn enough to buy one but before I could earn enough the shop shut down.
My dad taught himself how to set the video recorder timer just for the Super Bowl and we'd sit down and watch it together, able to fast forward through the "commercial breaks" and circus show at half time when they had one. Fun times.

#10 ·
This is going to be a real interesting game with two quarterbacks that are both incredible play makers. Still, my favorite game of the year is always the Army-Navy game. The 121 year old rivalry on that one just make it extra special and the cadets give it their all!

#16 ·

Col
And it is on far too late at night! Who plays sport at 23.00 hours?

#28 ·
Well it was just the Brady Bunch wasn't it? Holy cow!! The Gronk was unplayable almost and the defensive line was relentless.
Mahomes will get his time, at some point, maybe........

Can you imagine how offensive Brady's hands will look if he gets one more ring?

#31 ·
You were a bit liberal when you described this game as exciting! Can't believe I stayed up to watch adverts, coaches talking into masks, clipboard action and more adverts. Occasionally interrupted by 20 seconds of actual play. What a load of commercial non sense! That'll be the 1st and last time I loose sleep for that guff. [emoji38][emoji38]

Also, what's with the over celebrating tackles haha

It's a no from me!

#32 ·
Watched the highlights clip on BBC website. Looked like Mahones wants to have a word in the ear of his receivers. Like, why not try to catch the ball I delivered to you on a dime, instead of allowing it to bounce off your ****ing head?

But taking nothing away from a guy of what is it, 43 years old? Amazing arm!

Col

• Haha
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.