Super rods at a great price;

pedros

I can recommend the Harrison Lorhic blanks. Built a 9' 6 #7 with one of these a few years ago

pedros

How would you describe the action of the blank?
I'm thinking about getting a rod built to my own spec.

Cheers Al
Subjectively I'd say med-fast. I do have a rather lazy action easy action and don't use a long 'stroke', so I get a lot out of the tip if that makes sense...
It's used predominantly at Brenig or on other still waters when the weather is rather 'heavy'.

My local fishery was Meadow Fishery before it closed down last autumn. They were a stockist and the guy who rolled the blanks at Harrison's in Liverpool had an Aunt who lived in Chester. He would drop the blanks off when visiting his Aunt. Not sure who else stocks the Harrison fly blanks

speytime

How do you select a blank action that suits you without giving it a cast or at least a wiggle?

I've emailed burnsbuilt about a rod it's something I've been thinking about for a few months... I can't stand the shame of fishing with a shakespeare any longer 🤣

Al

willie_r

Nowt wrong with Shakey rods!
We've all either got them or had them!

How do you select a blank action that suits you without giving it a cast or at least a wiggle?

I've emailed burnsbuilt about a rod it's something I've been thinking about for a few months... I can't stand the shame of fishing with a shakespeare any longer 🤣

Al

Al

speytime

I'm only kidding about the shakey I like/rate them as much as any premium rods I've owned, I'll no doubt buy others in future, shakespeare produce rods that work well for very little money, that let's me have a rod for every occasion 👍

Nowt wrong with Shakey rods!
We've all either got them or had them!