Sweethope - what's it like these days?

dashed

Many, many years since I fished Sweethope and used to enjoy the fishing. An upcoming trip to see family in the area means we could squeeze in a quick session but I can't find any recent updates on the forum. Anyone been recently, worth a trip, anywhere else in the area a better bet (preferably with boat access).
Thanks in advance!

dashed

No one fished it lately? Is it really that bad? Any other Northumberland recommendations?

wrongfoot

You've only had 72 views and of those who knows how many are local anglers? I wouldn't read too much into a lack of advice. I doubt you'll to find any better info than the website Sweethope Adventure . I live nearby, but I've not fished Sweethope.

Website says you can rock up any time for a session rather than AM PM etc. to be more flexible to visiting anglers, might be great for a holiday session. Also worth noting that you need to call ahead to book an engine.

dashed

You've only had 72 views and of those who knows how many are local anglers? I wouldn't read too much into a lack of advice. I doubt you'll to find any better info than the website Sweethope Adventure . I live nearby, but I've not fished Sweethope.

Website says you can rock up any time for a session rather than AM PM etc. to be more flexible to visiting anglers, might be great for a holiday session. Also worth noting that you need to call ahead to book an engine.

Yep, saw the website thanks but wanted some independent views not just those of the folk running the business. I'd assumed the thread title was pretty clear so a high proportion of those viewing would have known what to expect :eek:

Our club go every year to sweethope and always have a great time.They would certainly recommend it.Fishing is good and they are very helpful.
Def worth a fish.
Its one place I go when im down seeing family.Do miss my banter with Rob though.

G

guest54

I fished it many times,I really liked it.had some cracking sessions/comps on it.Never been on it since new owners.:eek:mg:

Jim

Jim, was that the place where the, one time, owner wouldn't let you fish unless you wore a tie?.

toads

Hi,Ive fished it about 4 times in last 3 months. couple of times just wading great loughor from bank of small lough. Its been fishing its socks off,some big numbers mostly from drifting boat. Most ive had was 13 and dropped as many early season. Chris is manager now seems very good, keeps busy and has abit craik. Some of the evening rises are incredible. Get yourself there,and tight lines

wingman

Cumbria beside the field with the sheep in it.
Never fished it personally but I did spend a very enjoyable day's fishing with my brother at Caistron trout fishery up near Rothbury a few year back now. Set in beautiful surroundings, we hired a boat for the afternoon and had a few nice fish. Hopefully get back soon but a bit of a treck from Carlisle where I am but makes for a good day out if you set off early.

Funny thing I just checked and apparently it closed down in 2017 due to an access bridge getting washed away which is a shame as it was a cracking little fishery, ah well I guess I won't be returning anytime soon.:(

Last edited:

noel

There's a report on Fb Fly patch group from England's bank Captain according to Lee it fished it's socks off yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dashed

Really enjoyed an evening at sweethope from the boat. Tricky conditions - light breeze going to flat calm, 10 mins of rising fish then the wind swung 180 degrees and got pretty brisk! Landed one to a cats whisker and had good takes but didn’t properly connect with damsels and dry daddies. Spoke to a couple of local lads who’d also found it hard going and had hooked 5 but only landed 1. Well managed and I’ll defintely go back - nice to see the place again after what is probably a 20 year gap!

Latest posts