T & S C*ck up.

BobP

I was perusing my latest edition of T & S last evening, and as I'm on the look-out more or less seriously for a new reel without breaking the bank I was delighted to see on Page 79 a review of the latest Hardy reel, the Ultralite MTX. Priced at £59.99 and so methinks that that will do nicely, and if I can I'll get one at the show in Bristol at the end of the month. Looks like Hardy are thinking that there's plenty of scope at the lower end of the market.

Silly me! Further investigation soon came up with reality. £379.99 for the one I wanted. Where in God's name did T & S get £59.99 from? It's not as if they missed the 3 off the front.

tiddler1

Bet you got all excited at the prospect of a Hardy reel at that price.:wine:

tweeddancer

A few months down the line and they'll be in the classified section for less than half that, so hold back-i am :whistle:

JohnH

I saw that review as well Bob. No surprise that it's a major blooper.... Suspect Tweeddancer is right as well, if not in a few months then certainly in a year's time.

haggstock

If there is a latest " Best Thing " then surely last seasons " Best Thing " will discounted to clear the shelves , that's how half the forum got Zeniths and 4000 DD reels :D

ohanzee

Ah the dangers of going to print just before the pound devalues:eek:mg:

liphook

That will be the landed with duty price from China before PF add their mark up:whistle: