Taimen Kolyma Wading Jacket

baztek1

Does any one have any experience of the Taimen brand clothing and in-particular the wading jackets

atb

B

sculpin_crusader

I have a Taimen wading jacket, not a current model but a few years old now. No idea if this applicable to other brands of wading jackets but the tape sealing the seams split in some of the high use areas such as where the hood attached to the back of the neck and around the shoulders. This was after three/four years use and all I did was buy some replacement tape from eBay that was wider than the original tape and reseal the whole jacket. The jacket wasn't one of the top end ones and came in a wader set but I think it was £100 on its own.

Scotty Mitchell

No personal experience Barrie, but my mate got a Taimen (unsure of model) and I thought it felt cheap. I know this sounds a bit trivial but the first thing I noticed was the zipper tags. They look and feel sh1t to me and I doubt they'll last.
In my humble opinion you can get way better jackets for the money. I was tempted also, but after seeing that one I'll stick to Scierra or Vision, whatever I can get a deal on 👍

icejohn

Aren't Taimen, a seller and create a brand, ie that just sells generic stuff made in China? With a brand label slapped on it?

They sell other proper branded items as well granted. But their jackets look very similar to what u see in China trade catalogues.

mrnotherone

I have two Taimen jackets. One was the top end model at the time (about £250) and I've no complaints. It has kept me dry in torrential rain for over three years. The other is a light weight jacket that packs down very small and has been great for the unexpected shower.

baztek1

Thanks for the replies guys I think I know enough

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Spider

Really like the Taiman brand, solid gear without stupid prices.

Latest posts