Tal Y Llyn

Ephemera

Emailed the hotel last week inquiring about the fishing and the possibility of fishing it from my kayak. My request as expected was politely declined so I asked about
the current state of affairs and got the impression that the refurbishment on the boats had not yet begun but it was still on the agenda.
Bit disappointed to say the least, to see another year go by without being able to get out on this lovely lake. I also hear that a portion of the far bank has been fenced off, I've never fished it from the bank but is this restrictive to those who do? Does anyone on the forum have any more info? Have the management run out of money? Why does nobody like my kayak and did Sue Ellen really shoot JR?
Jonesy is frustrated!!:fish2:

swiss

It is a shame, lovely water.
You'd think someone would have made them an offer to run it by now, maybe they have and they've declined but they need to sort it out.
I believe if you stay at the cottage opposite they'll let you fish it from their garden, not sure whether you can launch a boat/kayak though.

If you didn't already know you can fish trawsfynydd from a kayak, not everyone's cup of tea but I quite like the place.

shropshire_lad

There seem to be a few North Wales hotel/lake places that don't seem to be able to get their act together. Tal Y Llyn is stunning. A couple of years ago, an old rectory, run as a B&B, was up for sale on the other side of the lake. At the time I could have sold our poxy estate house in Reading and bought it. The idea was rather tempting I must say. It may be "the cottage opposite" that swiss is referring to?

Llyn Cwm Bychan near Harlech is a stunning lake and many years ago there was an article from a guy who fished it from a float tube. Wild brownies and the occasional sea trout/salmon I believe. I have never caught much there but it's stuffed with fish, off the beaten track and truly stunning.

swiss

Yes I think that's the one, a non - fishing friend stayed there once, said it was really nice.