Teifi Pools

bobnudd

Made it up to the Teifi pools Monday, which I've found out you can now book through the WUF passport upland llyns section. That means I don't have drive past the pools to go the village to get a ticket, which save a bit of time.So I was up there just after 09:00. It was bright and sunny with a brisk easterly breeze blowing. I made my way to Llyn Egnat and started to fish on the road side of the lake. After about an hour I decided to move to the other side the lake, as the wind was making it uncomfortable to fish.Once on the other side I walked down to about half way.There was an odd splashy rise but these were along way out. I started fishing with a weighted hares ear on the point silver invicta in the middle and zulu on the bob. I was getting pulls straight away but I must of been using Teflon coated hook as nothing would stick Eventually I got one to stick and got it to the net DSC00043.jpgThat's the way it continued for most of the day lots of pulls and the odd fish hooked. I think the fact that the fish seemed to be holding up just at the limits of my casting range,had something to do with all mist fish. After a few hours one of only two that didn't take the nymph grabbed the invicta and made a right mess of my leader It was only then that I realised I had left my nylon on the parcel shelf of the car the on the other side of the lakeDSC00047.jpg. After going round to the car and back I fished up to the dam. I finished up with about 15 to 20 fish and mist many more. I then dropped down onto llyn teifi and had the last couple of hours on there.The fishing wasn't has easy but I did get another 4 fish. DSC00049.jpg I fished from 9am to 5pm and never saw another soul. Its my third trip into Wales this month and they have all been worth the effort.
I did put this on another thread but it probably belongs here

diawl bach

Cracking day by the sound of it Bob, I love those lakes - must check whether Teifi Trout Assoc are still doing the recip ticks.

Currently have a few tadpoles from Llyn Teifi in my allotment pond!

lukewarm

I had a couple of hours on Llyn Teifi this evening. With one thing and another this was the first wetting of a line for me this season , better late than never I suppose :rolleyes:
Landed three around the 8” mark and missed/lost the same number.Turned rather chilly once I lost the sun but good to be up there again with the skylark above , sand pipers doing their play fights and not forgetting the permanent summer residents there now ... Canada geese!