The 30th approaches..

jaybeegee

I got half a day in today and plan on at least two more sessions, definitely one on the thirtieth, but like everywhere else this year the dales have been short of rain and the fishing has suffered. I’m hoping for some water and keen frosts to get the grayling going…🙂
B

streams

Well I've got to the end of October but unless there's rain it won't be worth going out,I've been thinking about digging a few lug worms and having a hour or two with the beach caster,all in all its been a strange season no rain for long time very high water temperatures and when there was a rise in water there was very few fish around

Conmara

I've a couple of days planned for Lough Inagh and Kylemore. Plenty of rain forecast for the next few days so fingers crossed. Won't miss this season though, the whacky weather put the kibosh on most outings.

sean freeman

Me too. My last outing on the Bride was in May of last year, while waiting for my Dad to pass away... he was in the he hospice in Cork without visitors due to covid restrictions. Lovely river.
Awful that mate, my condolences. The river is always a nice escape from the troubles of everyday life though, It’s like hitting a reset button. The Bride holds a special place for me, takes me back to bring a kid!

shortcircuit

Me too. My last outing on the Bride was in May of last year, while waiting for my Dad to pass away... he was in the he hospice in Cork without visitors due to covid restrictions. Lovely river.
Very sorry to hear that mate. Covid has inflicted such cruelty on families.
Am glad you at least got some time on the river, no matter what is going on, going fishing always makes things a bit better.

As John Gierach said
"The solution to any problem — work, love, money, whatever is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be"

knoonan

Sean and Short Circuit, thanks for your kind words. Seems like a long time ago now.
Completely killing me to be stuck in London when I want to be in north Cork for the next few days 😬

knoonan

Any of you lads fish on the Awbeg? Would like to check it out next year.

ROVER

Pretty poor season on the tees, I can count on my thumbs the number decent hatches I saw this year with fish switched on to them to boot. I went out today I'm the hope of getting a last minute trout but alas, only grayling, not that they aren't welcome by any stretch, but the trout fished in me prefers exactly that during the season. Hey ho, October into November can bring up some fine grayling to the dry on the tees so I can't grumble to much. Looking forward on naive optimism to the biblical hatches and hungry trutters next year🤞🤞🤞🐡🐡🐡🐡

Dingbat

I just got a prissy mail from our club secretary about my now, unfortunately lapsed, season ticket which I failed to renew (being down ill 'n all.) When I first joined the club the water was excellent, now its so over-fished I hadn't been for the last three years anyway.

Fishing is an expression in optimism, a glass half full approach to life and frankly it isn't there any more. Swiss now charges 500 for a flight to Ireland. I think I need a new job.

GEK79

Hello all and hope your well... Just a general enquiry..maiky the brown trout anglers.. But all welscome

I spoke to my father yesterday after he had been in the snowdon range and he said that was his last trip.
He said all had changed and the lake that he was at he had never seen the llyn in such bad shape..
He caught a beauty on a Heather fly and sorted the fish's madable which had been damaged by a spinner and released... Ha said Gazza that's me done..
Will you be out on the 30th for the last day or have we seen enough this strange season... Thanks for any comments and thoughts..
Gary.
Some lough wise for the last day what would you recommend fly wise.. The wind is sat from the east and no warmth what's so ever I'm just wondering is it worth one last cast..

GEK79

Sorry to hear that lad...

Latest posts