The European Super League

diawl bach

The irony of this statement is blindingly obvious to everyone bar, perhaps, Dowden.

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said in a statement the government is "concerned this plan could create a closed shop at the very top of our national game".

jack_russell

I find it mildly amusing that 2 of the most corrupt & money driven organisations going - uefa & FIFA are calling foul on this & trying to take the moral high ground 🙃

Reg Wyatt

I find it mildly amusing that 2 of the most corrupt & money driven organisations going - uefa & FIFA are calling foul on this & trying to take the moral high ground 🙃
Get Blatter and Platini back in to sort it out. Rotten to the core methinks.

Reg Wyatt

codyarrow

All about money, as usual.
What I can't understand, Guardiola and co all complain of too many matches per season! Now they want to add matches. o_O
The B team would play in the league and FA cup.
Klopp's come out against it. Hopefully the other four managers will too + AF & KD. Shame about 'the special one' ;)

Elwyman

Driven by American owners and pure greed. I hope it is nipped in the bud.
However, I do agree that the Champions League format has become very boring, too many games involving mediocre teams.

codyarrow

All premier league clubs withdrawing. Over before it even began.

wobbly face

UAFFA and co talking of banning premier clubs that were involved from this year's event. That would mean Chelsea and Man City out of comp despite being in semis and Man U out of Europa. Not exactly endearing themselves and justifies a breakaway league if it's the case!

Reg Wyatt

Interesting watching Gary Lineker, Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole and Steve McManaman, four multi millionaire ex footballers, discussing the greed of football clubs without a hint of embarrassment or irony or even humour.

Reg Wyatt

Latest posts