The Lugg at Lyepole

royvs

We are on this beat, tomorrow.

Does anyone know if it will be fishable?

Many thanks in advance

marxach

Just under 5 on the webcam Roy. I've always been happy to make the 250 mile round trip as long as it's below 6. Mind you, if it pours tonight....

Good luck, I've not fished it this season and would be interested to hear how you get on

Regards

Peter

royvs

Thanks Guys. This is our second Go, WUF gave us a wash off.

Will report back, not familiar with the water so may be a bit of a learning curve.

sabsman

Should be an ideal river with a couple of inches dropping off in the last day or so.

I believe the last time you were booked in to fish the beat you ended up with a 'wash off', hopefully this time you will get to see the full beauty of what this part of the lugg offers (especially in its full Autumn colours).

I think I may have mentioned this before...the EA river level site here is invaluable for checking out up to date river levels although the Lugg webcam on the W&UF website is only a mile or so upstream from Lyepole.

PS. I have had a lengthy discussion with the person who fished their Sunday and the river was fairly low and running clear, he said the 'bigger Grayling' were a little wary but plenty were caught up to 14".

Enjoy your day and try let us know how you get on:)

Sabsman.