The Premiership

BobP

Codyarrow... (As far as I'm concerned the Tory party is the party of tax avoidance and always will be. I wonder how much personal money the cabinet members have moved out of the UK in the last 18 months....

We get that much rubbish during an election it might well be untrue but certainly sounds tory like?
apparently the tories wanted out of Europe over some European law/rules to do with transparency of money, the thought of paying tax on there wealth scared the life out of them?
Is there any truth in that?

Al
Which simply displays your ignorance. Avoiding paying more tax than you have to is legal. I do it, thousands of self employed people do it, and oddly enough many will be Labour voters. So maybe the Labour party is also the party of tax avoidance. That is why we have an accountant so that we pay no more tax than we are due. If you are happy to just keep paying what HMRC says then more fool you. They are dealing with the tax affairs of millions of people, my accountant deals with a dozen or so, and can therefore dig a bit deeper.

Tax evasion on the other hand is not legal. There is a difference.

And the answer to your last question is NO! The Conservatives accepted the will of the majority of those who voted and that vote was to leave the EU. DEMOCRACY - something that your beloved Corbyn couldn't get his head around and neither can you it seems.

speytime

Which simply displays your ignorance. Avoiding paying more tax than you have to is legal. I do it, thousands of self employed people do it, and oddly enough many will be Labour voters. So maybe the Labour party is also the party of tax avoidance. That is why we have an accountant so that we pay no more tax than we are due. If you are happy to just keep paying what HMRC says then more fool you. They are dealing with the tax affairs of millions of people, my accountant deals with a dozen or so, and can therefore dig a bit deeper.

Tax evasion on the other hand is not legal. There is a difference.

And the answer to your last question is NO! The Conservatives accepted the will of the majority of those who voted and that vote was to leave the EU. DEMOCRACY - something that your beloved Corbyn couldn't get his head around and neither can you it seems.
I think you need to read that again Bob that was a question, I never said anything about tax avoidance?

Al

BobP

I think you need to read that again Bob that was a question, I never said anything about tax avoidance?

Al
I think you need to read the first line of that post again. You'll find the words "tax avoidance" front and centre.

And for easker's benefit does he really suppose that, for example, Sir Alan Sugar, a well known multi-millionaire and Labour supporter is going to cough up one penny more in tax that he absolutely has to? He'll have a whole team of tax lawyers to ensure that his tax bill is the barest minimum he can get away with within the confines of the law - just! He won't be alone in that and there will be as many Labour voters as there are Conservative voters.

bobmiddlepoint

The Premiership are desperate for TV money so they have been trialing social distancing football (SDF). Basically football where players have to stay 2m apart. Apparently there are only a few minor rule changes to iron out (staggered walls at free kicks for example) but otherwise it looks promising.
Any player who is approached closer than 2m by another player immediately falls to the ground and roles away 10 or 15m and then writhes around as if dying. A Premiership spokesman said SDF is indistinguishable from standard football.

Last edited:

codyarrow

I think you need to read the first line of that post again. You'll find the words "tax avoidance" front and centre.
You're showing your ignorance of not being able to read a post properly or make one with humour or humility. Those are my words not Speytimes.
So going on to facts footballers pay proportionately more tax than similar high earners, do more unpaid work in the community and many have stopped their clubs furloughing club staff. So maybe targets should be placed elsewhere?

speytime

And for easker's benefit does he really suppose that, for example, Sir Alan Sugar, a well known multi-millionaire and Labour supporter is going to cough up one penny more in tax that he absolutely has to? He'll have a whole team of tax lawyers to ensure that his tax bill is the barest minimum he can get away with within the confines of the law - just! He won't be alone in that and there will be as many Labour voters as there are Conservative voters.
Well bob you have certainly shown a level of ignorance rarely seen, when someone makes an attempt to humiliate someone and makes a total fool of themselves in the process its basic courtesy to apologise, I think the post speaks volumes about your character.

BobP

Typical left wingers. "It's a mortal sin to make money - unless it's me doing it." Tony Blair. Tax avoidance is perfectly legitimate. Everyone is totally within their right to avoid paying more tax than is due. Even lefties do it which is fine, but as soon as someone else does it the sh*t hits the fan. I use an accountant so that I don't need to pay more tax than I have to. He understands tax law, I don't and neither does anyone else on here or they would know the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. They would also know about hedge funds which they plainly do not. They are high risk and there are more losers than gainers. To make money at that caper you really have to know what you are doing and have strong nerves when millions are at stake.

Just who do people think pays for the services we all rely on? Someone on benefits maybe? Someone on minimum wage stacking shelves in the supermarket? Very useful, and needs to be done, but it ain't going to pay for your hip replacement. Someone who years ago took advantage of Brown's cynicism - stupid fools - and sat on unemployment as a lifestyle choice. Someone who claims disability because they have a backache?

No, it is people who get off their ars*s and make money, who provide the jobs for others so they can pay their way.

Amazon have done a magnificent job during this crisis. When sanitiser couldn't be found because greedy sods stripped the shelves we got some through Amazon. Same with loo paper and kitchen rolls. They provide thousands of jobs and as long as they pay whatever tax is legally due in the UK they can carry on doing what they are as far as I'm concerned.

I get up each morning to take my dogs out and thank whatever or whoever is up there that that bearded fool didn't win the election in December. Just imagine what would have happened if he had caught the virus like Boris. There would either have been the most horrendous bunfight for weeks over who was going to lead and the country would have been overwhelmed.

The new leader made one statement at the beginning of the lockdown to the effect that the Labour Party would not try to score political points during the crisis. Thereafter he promptly disappeared into his bunker and not one word was heard from him for weeks. A leader of a decent political party would have offered whatever help was needed in the hour of need. Not Labour.

codyarrow

Typical left wingers. "It's a mortal sin to make money - unless it's me doing it." Tony Blair. Tax avoidance is perfectly legitimate. Everyone is totally within their right to avoid paying more tax than is due. Even lefties do it which is fine, but as soon as someone else does it the sh*t hits the fan. I use an accountant so that I don't need to pay more tax than I have to. He understands tax law, I don't and neither does anyone else on here or they would know the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. They would also know about hedge funds which they plainly do not. They are high risk and there are more losers than gainers. To make money at that caper you really have to know what you are doing and have strong nerves when millions are at stake.

Just who do people think pays for the services we all rely on? Someone on benefits maybe? Someone on minimum wage stacking shelves in the supermarket? Very useful, and needs to be done, but it ain't going to pay for your hip replacement. Someone who years ago took advantage of Brown's cynicism - stupid fools - and sat on unemployment as a lifestyle choice. Someone who claims disability because they have a backache?

No, it is people who get off their ars*s and make money, who provide the jobs for others so they can pay their way.

Amazon have done a magnificent job during this crisis. When sanitiser couldn't be found because greedy sods stripped the shelves we got some through Amazon. Same with loo paper and kitchen rolls. They provide thousands of jobs and as long as they pay whatever tax is legally due in the UK they can carry on doing what they are as far as I'm concerned.

I get up each morning to take my dogs out and thank whatever or whoever is up there that that bearded fool didn't win the election in December. Just imagine what would have happened if he had caught the virus like Boris. There would either have been the most horrendous bunfight for weeks over who was going to lead and the country would have been overwhelmed.

The new leader made one statement at the beginning of the lockdown to the effect that the Labour Party would not try to score political points during the crisis. Thereafter he promptly disappeared into his bunker and not one word was heard from him for weeks. A leader of a decent political party would have offered whatever help was needed in the hour of need. Not Labour.