The price of Pearsall's.

arkle

Hey Seb, I wonder if they'll offer "Terry" (yours truly) a part, even as a consultant ?

baca157

Hey Seb, I wonder if they'll offer "Terry" (yours truly) a part, even as a consultant ?
I wondered if that was you John! I am not sure if the rumours about the film are true or not though. The story is so incredible that it would definitely make a good film.

Did you have any more contact with Edwin after the 'event'?

Cheers,
Sebastian

arkle

No way, Seb. I wouldn't 9155 on him, if he was alight.

There was loads of satirical copy written about him in "The Drake" online mag, but it got censored/removed after a month or so, it was highly libellous, to put it mildly.

I did have several emails with his father, until it got to "heavy" for both of us to continue without legal backing.

baca157

No way, Seb. I wouldn't 9155 on him, if he was alight.

There was loads of satirical copy written about him in "The Drake" online mag, but it got censored/removed after a month or so, it was highly libellous, to put it mildly.

I did have several emails with his father, until it got to "heavy" for both of us to continue without legal backing
Thought that may be the case John. I am just curious what happened to him and whether he is still tying. There seems to be a veil of silence surrounding him in the classic fly tying community.

And what happened to the rest of his loot?

Cheers,
Sebastian

Oldbones

Well that 12 spools sold for £262, about £21 each.
Good money, far to rich for my old wallet, none the less it probably gone to a nice home where it will be used to create lovely flies.

arkle

Holy 5h17 ! Seb, will contact you shortly, as I'm going out, fishing - believe it or not - so maybe in the next day or so...

Gdog

People are loosing their marbles paying that money for a few spools of thread, makes me wonder what I might have that I can make a few quid on. 😂

arkle

Edwin, did try, albeit unsuccessfully, to market salmon hooks of his own manufacture, under the "name" of "Captain Hook". That lasted about a month or so, after which he was "discovered" & possibly "outed" by various members who tried using his services.

After that, things have all gone VERY quiet (a bit like yesterday's fishing foray !). His younger brother, Anton - who I gather was not involved - has also vanished from the scene, I wonder why ...?

baca157

Edwin, did try, albeit unsuccessfully, to market salmon hooks of his own manufacture, under the "name" of "Captain Hook". That lasted about a month or so, after which he was "discovered" & possibly "outed" by various members who tried using his services.

After that, things have all gone VERY quiet (a bit like yesterday's fishing foray !). His younger brother, Anton - who I gather was not involved - has also vanished from the scene, I wonder why ...?
Thanks John. I suppose that after so many people got their hands burnt in this story, no one will risk being associated with him. I suspect that he continues his music career.... Is this him?

Shame about his brother though. Looks like he got hit by the "shrapnel" from his brothers actions...

Cheers,
Sebastian

arkle

Yes, that's him. He came over to learn more about becoming a flautist in one of the top London schools of music. I was the 1st person to contact him, about giving a flytying demo to our branch of the FDG. So after lots of discussion, he came to Bristol & I put him up & supplied all his flytying & accom. needs. As well as taking him on some guided tours in Bath & Bristol. This was his first time outside of London. He had a practice session at my place on the 1st night & demo'd on the 2nd, before getting back on the Megabus, the morning after back to London.

arkle

Maybe I should contact my pension providers... about taking some "stock" to the market for me ?

Bobfly2

Glasgow Angling Centre have three or four batches of Pearsals for £35 each group all on their secondhand listings.

Oldbones

I have made a bid on some tonight, will know very soon if I get any where in my venture to bild up my collection.

Latest posts