There is hope...

speytime

No everyone is the same situation as me unfortunately, people in my area have 2 burns/streams and the main river within walking distance, 5/10 minutes I can be at the burns or the river, we have approx 10/12 stillwaters within a 15/20 min drive, 1 within walking distance around 25 min walk for me.
My club water is members only, there's 20 boats on around 400 acres of water isolation is the norm, you don't get gatherings of boats it's drifting only and it's only 10/15 mins from my door.
A little common sense applied I and most others can't go wrong. Fingers crossed 🤞

Al

JayP

No everyone is the same situation as me unfortunately, people in my area have 2 burns/streams and the main river within walking distance, 5/10 minutes I can be at the burns or the river, we have approx 10/12 stillwaters within a 15/20 min drive, 1 within walking distance around 25 min walk for me.
My club water is members only, there's 20 boats on around 400 acres of water isolation is the norm, you don't get gatherings of boats it's drifting only and it's only 10/15 mins from my door.
A little common sense applied I and most others can't go wrong. Fingers crossed 🤞

Al
Where do you live Al, it sounds superb!

speytime

Where do you live Al, it sounds superb!
Hi Jay i'm about 10 miles west of Edinburgh, in truth I didn't realise just how fortunate I am, it wasn't until I started reading about others having to travel x amount miles to wet a line I realised just how lucky I am, having to travel any distance must be a horrible situation for any fisher to be in.
I couldn't count the stillwaters within an hours drive, if your into small stream fishing this area a gold mine, there's two locally and another 6/8 within a 3 or 4 mile radius of me.
I'm spoiled and didn't realise it.

Cheers Al

Last edited:

T_James

Like someone previously mentioned, angling is hugely variable and therefore fishing might not be permitted in some public parks and canals.

The other aspect is that waterways at least in the short term may see higher numbers than normal which maybe down to newcomers attracted to the sport because it represents a 'loop hole' around lockdown.

JayP

Hi Jay i'm about 10 miles west of Edinburgh, in truth I didn't realise just how fortunate I am, it wasn't until I started reading about others having to travel x amount miles to wet a line I realised just how lucky I am, having to travel any distance must be a horrible situation for any fisher to be in.
I couldn't count the stillwaters within an hours drive, if your into small stream fishing this area a gold mine, there's two locally and another 6/8 within a 3 or 4 mile radius of me.
I'm spoiled and didn't realise it.

Cheers Al
Definitely spoiled 😂
My next house move will be within easy reach of a trout river although at the moment stillwater is a 15 minute drive and the rivers about 40. That is a lot less than my last club which door to riverbank was 5 hours with stops and was actually in another country from where I started out from :LOL:

Screenshot_20200425-143502_Maps.jpg

Secret Angler

I'm not far from my local river. Cycled down there this morning, from the bridge saw a rise downstream within casting range :cry:

Uncas

that is what I said if you read slowly but with walkers there is a chance with canal fishers with poles and all the other stuff they seem to need it is difficult getting round them at the best of times and god forbid they have a catching competition on
I thought we where talking as a fly fishing forum, who cares what maggot drowners do?

glueman

I cut down on the sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll.
in my day we did not do drugs especially as my first wage was £2 15shilling a week, lodging £1 ten shillings ,train fair 9 shillings not a great deal left. If you wanted anything you saved until you had enough spare to buy it. I was into climbing and sticky boots as we called them were about £100 a pair, What are they today, about £100