This time next week...

murph

After reading the AT's proposal, and also with the lockdown review planned for Thursday 7th May. The question is what will you be doing this time next week?

Even if you/we are alowed out on the water, will you?

Regards John

flyfisher222

Banned
Banned
Pure speculation that fishing will start next week, actually the 5 miles was quoted as far enough to travel for excercise some while back
Yeah. 'Next week' is speculation too but you don't have to add to it.

What is 'was quoted" meant to mean? '9'. I just quoted that from the dial of the wall clock. So what?

glueman

Yeah. 'Next week' is speculation too but you don't have to add to it.

What is 'was quoted" meant to mean? '9'. I just quoted that from the dial of the wall clock. So what?
The Government has clarified that you should "stay local" for your daily hour of exercise and the exercise needs to be longer than the journey.

wobbly face

5 mile was plucked out by AT in it's proposal, "most people live with in miles of fishing".
People can carry this virus without showing symptoms, are you going to disinfect any gates, fences etc that you may encounter? The virus can last some 72 hours on surfaces.
It effects people in different ways, some potent, others not, it kills.
If you pick this virus up and spread onto some one else and they die, are you willing to face "Manslaughter" charges? I think anyone who doesn't abide by Government, Health and Scientific advice should be made to work alongside front line staff and see the suffering and death this virus causes. I would even go as far as putting them in a sealed room and give them the virus.
As much as I would love to get out fishing, I value life and good health more.

flyfisher222

Banned
Banned
The Government has clarified that you should "stay local" for your daily hour of exercise and the exercise needs to be longer than the journey.
Stockbridge is "local" to me. closeish at least, and 'local' is undefined.

I'm one of these impatient fisherman who thinks there's bound to a fish round the next bend so I'm knackered after a few hours.

Am I going to fish when we have tentatively decided to open? I dunno yet as I cross bridges when I come to them, not before..

So there ya go.

You don' agree? Where does it say you have to?

flyfisher222

Banned
Banned
5 mile was plucked out by AT in it's proposal, "most people live with in miles of fishing".
People can carry this virus without showing symptoms, are you going to disinfect any gates, fences etc that you may encounter? The virus can last some 72 hours on surfaces.
If you pick this virus up and spread onto some one else and they die, are you willing to face "Manslaughter" charges? I think anyone who doesn't abide by Government, Health and Scientific advice should be made to work alongside front line staff and see the suffering and death this virus causes. I would even go as far as putting them in a sealed room and give them the virus.
The AT, of which, like the vast majority of anglers, I am not a member, and which doesn't 'govern' anything and recently stated it doesn't can pluck whatever it likes.

easker1

what about the sods who have a 12 week lock down and it may be longer, what does the AT know about the VIRUS? are they serving the Anglers? or the owners of various fisheries, I am in lock down and until I hear differently there I will stay, the information will have to come from other than the AT, easker1

kingf000

We won't be able to start fishing again until the government specifically says it is OK to do so, nothing to do with the AT. They have only been passing on information they have received and lobbied the government to allow us to fish again. The instructions from the government have been clear, only walking, running and cycling are allowed. If they do say fishing is OK, and clubs, lakes etc. open again, then it is entirely down to the individual whether they go fishing or not, provided everyone takes sensible precautions. Don't go fishing if you feel at all unwell, be it a cough, temperature, aching bones, diarrhea, lose of a sense of smell or just feel a bit odd. It would be inadvisable to go fishing if you are in a vulnerable group. Maintain social distancing at all times. Wash your hands regularly and preferrably wear a face cover. Regarding catching the virus from surfaces, all of the studies have been done either within a cabin (on cruise ships) or in an internal environment, such as a laboratory. I couldn't find any studies done on surfaces exposed to the elements. Sunlight does not kill the virus, but the cleaning effects of wind and rain are unknown. So an external surface may not be contaminated for as long. However, it would still be wise to assume any surface could be contaminated and take appropriate precautions. Avoid touching surfaces unless absoutely necessary and then clean your hands immediately with an alcohol spray, ie. no different from going out for a walk or going to the shops.

glueman

We won't be able to start fishing again until the government specifically says it is OK to do so, nothing to do with the AT. They have only been passing on information they have received and lobbied the government to allow us to fish again. The instructions from the government have been clear, only walking, running and cycling are allowed. If they do say fishing is OK, and clubs, lakes etc. open again, then it is entirely down to the individual whether they go fishing or not, provided everyone takes sensible precautions. Don't go fishing if you feel at all unwell, be it a cough, temperature, aching bones, diarrhea, lose of a sense of smell or just feel a bit odd. It would be inadvisable to go fishing if you are in a vulnerable group. Maintain social distancing at all times. Wash your hands regularly and preferrably wear a face cover. Regarding catching the virus from surfaces, all of the studies have been done either within a cabin (on cruise ships) or in an internal environment, such as a laboratory. I couldn't find any studies done on surfaces exposed to the elements. Sunlight does not kill the virus, but the cleaning effects of wind and rain are unknown. So an external surface may not be contaminated for as long. However, it would still be wise to assume any surface could be contaminated and take appropriate precautions. Avoid touching surfaces unless absoutely necessary and then clean your hands immediately with an alcohol spray, ie. no different from going out for a walk or going to the shops.
And don't drive miles and miles to get to your club water. Mine have water 40 miles away from where I live as the nearest one stretch being 3 hour drive

kingf000

And don't drive miles and miles to get to your club water. Mine have water 40 miles away from where I live as the nearest one stretch being 3 hour drive
I'm a member of a club in Derbyshire, 140 miles away from where I live and, unfortunately, I won't be going there again until the hotels and B&Bs re-open, not very likely in the near future!

Paul_B

I'm less than 20 miles away for the puddle that I fish, but its as close I'll be getting for quite a while

boisker

it’s funny how everyone has different expectations in these threads.. I go out for a walk straight out into the fields each day... depending on route I have to open a couple of hunting gates... I don’t disinfect the gate, I clean my hands after I’ve gone through them... it’s the same bottle I have with me when I go fishing for the day... I don't like the smell of Grayling on my hands when eating a sandwich 😂 ... so nothing would be really different if I went fishing and encountered a gate..

there’s another thread running about how long deliveries are taking...
people buying welding bits, fishing items, selling rods.... is it ok to expect the ‘postie’ to carry non-essential items to your house?
personally I think the impact of me going fishing 15mins away on a river with off road parking and no public access is less of an additional strain to the current Covid situation than getting postie / yodel etc to make unecessary deliveries...
as it happens I’m doing neither...
we all make choices based on our interpretation as to what if ‘right’... as long as they fall within gov guidelines they are fine...

PaulD

With the increased rate of testing and the revelation of 6000 or so new cases on each of the past two days, I'd imagine that 'lockdown' will persist for a while yonder.

original cormorant

Just a couple of thoughts first just because it's permitted doesn't necessarily mean every fishery will be open and secondly have you got your EA license (except you scots!)?

mike fox

This time next week I shall be doing the same as I'm doing now. Sitting on my butt playing on my laptop. I expect to be doing this for the next 3 weeks at least. I am quite happy to sit doing this until the old glorious 16th of June even if angling restrictions have been lifted and continues to cost me in lost revenue. I'm enjoying the break.